HOWTO: Detect FormView EditItemTemplate TextBox Value Changed

Guest

How can we tell if the value in a FormView EditItemTemplate TextBox has
changed from its initial value so that we know if we have to update the
corresponding db table column value?

Guest

The concept I'm inquiring about is when you click the submit button on the
edititemtemplate, which textboxes at that time have data in them that is
different than the initial data loaded into the formview.

I believe you're refeing to the onchanged event of each textbox which
doesn't take care of when the user changes a textbox to a different value,
and then changes it back to the initial value. Then onchanged event fires,
but there's no way to tell if the value really changed - and is different
than what's in the database - by the time the submit button is clicked.

--
Thank you kindly,

Dan Sikorsky BA, BSCE, MCS

bruce barker (sqlwork.com) said: