    --
    Thank you kindly,

    Dan Sikorsky BA, BSCE, MCS

    =?Utf-8?B?RGFuIFNpa29yc2t5?=, Oct 4, 2006

  2. use onchanged event.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\), Oct 4, 2006

  3. The concept I'm inquiring about is when you click the submit button on the
    edititemtemplate, which textboxes at that time have data in them that is
    different than the initial data loaded into the formview.

    I believe you're refeing to the onchanged event of each textbox which
    doesn't take care of when the user changes a textbox to a different value,
    and then changes it back to the initial value. Then onchanged event fires,
    but there's no way to tell if the value really changed - and is different
    than what's in the database - by the time the submit button is clicked.

    --
    Thank you kindly,

    Dan Sikorsky BA, BSCE, MCS

    =?Utf-8?B?RGFuIFNpa29yc2t5?=, Oct 4, 2006