    I want the page shows information immediately when database changes.
    What kind of technology or method would be able to perform this action?

    Sean

    =?Utf-8?B?U1M=?=, May 15, 2005

  2. Osmosis ?

    ;-)

    Seriously, do you want to have a page display a change
    in a database *when the database is updated* ?

    There's all kinds of techniques to do that, like a database-dependent
    cache item, but it will be impossible to acquire new information from
    the server if the client doesn't make a second trip to the server.

    So, you *have* to either refresh the page or redirect to a new page.

    Juan T. Llibre
    ASP.NET MVP
    http://asp.net.do/foros/
    Foros de ASP.NET en Español
    Ven, y hablemos de ASP.NET...
    ======================

    Juan T. Llibre, May 15, 2005

  3. Re: HOWTO: display database without refresh web page to query data

    Thanks for the reply.
    How about the database trigger?
    Can it trigger a web page to display when the database changes?
    The web page will be like a client and listen to the database changes.
    HOw can I do that?

    =?Utf-8?B?U1M=?=, May 15, 2005
  4. Re: HOWTO: display database without refresh web page to query data

    re:
    > How about the database trigger?

    How will the trigger know who to send the updated data to ?

    re:
    > The web page will be like a client and listen to the database changes.

    I don't know how that could be done.

    Juan T. Llibre
    ASP.NET MVP
    http://asp.net.do/foros/