HOWTO: display database without refresh web page to query database

Guest

Hi,

I don't want to refresh a web page to query and display database.
I want the page shows information immediately when database changes.
What kind of technology or method would be able to perform this action?

Sean

Juan T. Llibre

Osmosis ?

;-)

Seriously, do you want to have a page display a change
in a database *when the database is updated* ?

There's all kinds of techniques to do that, like a database-dependent
cache item, but it will be impossible to acquire new information from
the server if the client doesn't make a second trip to the server.

So, you *have* to either refresh the page or redirect to a new page.

Guest

Thanks for the reply.
How about the database trigger?
Can it trigger a web page to display when the database changes?
The web page will be like a client and listen to the database changes.
HOw can I do that?