[HowTo] Enable Numeric property of the textbox in OpenWave UP.Browser 6.x

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Mobile' started by Daisaku, Nov 20, 2003.

  1. Daisaku

    Daisaku Guest

    Hello.

    I want to set numeric as default input mode of textbox.
    So, I set 'Numeric' property of textbox to 'true' and
    view from some mobile phone.

    However, it doesn't work on the OpenWave SDK 6.2K.
    Other mobile phones, such as NEC N503iS,
    Sharp J-SH08(not using OpenWave), work good.

    so, How can I do to enables Numeric property?

    [ Steps to Reproduce Behavior ]
    1. Create a Visual C# mobile web application.
    2. Add a mobile web form to the application
    3. Drop a mobile textbox control to mobile web form.
    4. Set 'Numeric' property of textbox control to 'true'.
    5. Compile and view from mobile phone (or emulator).

    [ Part of aspx file ]
    <mobile:Form id="Form1" runat="server">
    <mobile:TextBox id="TextBox1" runat="server" Numeric="True">
    </mobile:Form>

    [ Part of Server Resopnse ]
    <form id="frmMain" method="post" action="mobilewebform1.aspx?__ufps=514930">
    <input type="hidden" name="__ET"/>
    <input name="TextBox1"/>
    </form>

    [ Development Evironment ]
    Visual Studio .NET 2002 (program written in C#)
    Using emulator :
    OpenWave SDK 6.2K
    (http://developer.openwave.com/ja/relnotes/62KRelNotes.html)

    Development PC :