    Can I do it with a the class Runtime?

    thanks very much,

    Marcelo
    Marcelo, Oct 3, 2005

  2. Marcelo

    jonck Guest

    Certainly, this is in the standard API. One thing I do see a lot of
    questions on however, is how to set up a SSH connection without host
    key verification (for when you are using a home-brewed certificate). I
    never really dabbled with this, but from the reactions it seems that
    there is no "easy" solution for this using the standard API.

    There is an open-source package called j2ssh that does provide this
    functionality, it can be downloaded here:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/sshtools
    This page states that the package is in the alpha/beta stadium, but the
    j2ssh package seems quite mature to me, I've used it without problems
    for many projects.

    Kind regards, Jonck
    jonck, Oct 3, 2005

  3. Marcelo

    Jeff Schwab Guest

    jonck wrote:

    > Certainly, this is in the standard API.

    Where?
    Jeff Schwab, Oct 3, 2005
  4. Marcelo

    jonck Guest

    > Where?

    Good question :) Seriously, I was mistaking it turns out. I thought I
    remembered there was an SSH implementation in javax.net but it turns
    out I was confusing this with the SSL implementation that is there. My
    apologies.
    jonck, Oct 3, 2005
  5. Marcelo

    Marcelo Guest

    jonck wrote:
    > Certainly, this is in the standard API. One thing I do see a lot of
    > questions on however, is how to set up a SSH connection without host
    > key verification (for when you are using a home-brewed certificate). I
    > never really dabbled with this, but from the reactions it seems that
    > there is no "easy" solution for this using the standard API.
    >
    > There is an open-source package called j2ssh that does provide this
    > functionality, it can be downloaded here:
    > http://sourceforge.net/projects/sshtools
    > This page states that the package is in the alpha/beta stadium, but the
    > j2ssh package seems quite mature to me, I've used it without problems
    > for many projects.
    >
    > Kind regards, Jonck

    It seems that this is what I am looking for,
    thank you very much.

    Marcelo
    Marcelo, Oct 3, 2005
  6. Marcelo

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 15:12:17 +0200, Marcelo <> wrote
    or quoted :

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/ssh.html

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Oct 3, 2005
  7. Marcelo

    Marcelo Guest

    jonck wrote:
    > Certainly, this is in the standard API. One thing I do see a lot of
    > questions on however, is how to set up a SSH connection without host
    > key verification (for when you are using a home-brewed certificate). I
    > never really dabbled with this, but from the reactions it seems that
    > there is no "easy" solution for this using the standard API.
    >
    > There is an open-source package called j2ssh that does provide this
    > functionality, it can be downloaded here:
    > http://sourceforge.net/projects/sshtools
    > This page states that the package is in the alpha/beta stadium, but the
    > j2ssh package seems quite mature to me, I've used it without problems
    > for many projects.
    >
    > Kind regards, Jonck

    Just for information,

    is J2SSH completely free ? and is it possible to use it for a commercial
    project?

    thanks

    Marcelo
    Marcelo, Oct 4, 2005
  8. Marcelo

    jonck Guest

    > is J2SSH completely free ? and is it possible to use it for a commercial
    > project?

    It's covered by LGPL, so yes, you can use it in your commercial project
    for free. For a clear description of what the GPL and LGPL licenses
    mean, see:
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/gpl.html
    jonck, Oct 4, 2005