Howto on callbacks, queues and good design patterns

Michael Bernhard Arp Sørensen

Hi there.

As a newbie, I need to learn about callbacks and queues(syntax and
examples) working together.

At work we talk a lot about design patterns. Does any of you know a good
site about that or any good books from Amazon?

I started using python at work in the summer 2007. I think I know the
stuff, but I need to expand my understanding of the more complex
programming techniques.

Thanks in advance.

/Karneevor

Martin v. Löwis

I started using python at work in the summer 2007. I think I know the
stuff, but I need to expand my understanding of the more complex
programming techniques.

There are various materials on Python and design patterns; just google.
I particularly recommend the talk by Alex Martelli. He gave this talk
several times; one recorded instance was at Google TechTalk.

Regards,
Martin

Lorenzo Mainardi

Nel mezzo del cammin di nostra vita, mi ritrovai con Michael Bernhard Arp
Sørensen che diceva:
Hi there.

As a newbie, I need to learn about callbacks and queues(syntax and
examples) working together.

At work we talk a lot about design patterns. Does any of you know a good
site about that or any good books from Amazon?

Hello,
I think the best way to understanding queues and callbacks is to learn
Twisted. That's a very big framework for asynchronous network
programming; it's completely callback based.
For more info you should visit the Twisted Matrix website: http://
twistedmatrix.com/trac/
There also a good documentation, but it's a few embedded, so you need to
looking for that with care:)
Good 2008 and have fun!