HowTo Send Uploaded File with INPUT Type file to Sql Server Image Data Type

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Roberto, Oct 15, 2003.

  1. Roberto

    Roberto Guest

    I have the following problem:

    I have the following form client side:

    <FORM.......>

    <FORM action="./WZUpload.asp" method="Post" enctype="multipart/form-data"
    WIDTH=100%>
    <INPUT Type="file" name="UpFileName" STYLE="{Width:400px}"><BR>

    I have the following ASP code server side ....

    AllDataB = Request.BinaryRead()

    AllData = ConvertToStringFromByte(AllDataB)

    AllDataFile = pGetRequestItem(AllData....) ' THIS INSTRUCTION FIND FILE
    BINARY DATA.....

    I need to transform SAFE ARRAY AllDataB in a Vb string because it's
    necessary for me to find Header info and because AllDataB doesn't contain
    only FILE BINARY DATA but other informations.

    Now I want to insert DIRECTLY File Binary Data (in the variable AllDataFile)
    in a Sql Server Image field without writing AllDataFile to a local file
    using the FileSysteObject.

    If I write:

    Rs("ImageField").AppendChunk AllDataFile

    IT DOESN'T WORK: the data format is UNICODE. And If I open the file the
    format is UNRECOGNIZED.

    Is There a Mode to insert directly data from BinaryRead to Sql Server Image
    data type ?

    If I write data from binaryread to a local file with FILESYSTEMOBJECT and I
    read it with ADODB.STREAM and I write ADODB.STREAM content to SQL SERVER
    IMAGE DATA TYPE it works but it's VERY VERY slow with large files.

    Thanks Rob

    Roberto, Oct 15, 2003

  2. Hi Rob,

    You may try following code to see if it will help:

    Set objADO = CreateObject("ADODB.Stream")
    objADO.Open
    objADO.Type = 1
    objADO.Write Request.BinaryRead(Request.TotalBytes)

    Luke
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    ¥xÆW·L³n§Þ³N³B¤ä´©³¡, Oct 16, 2003

  3. Roberto

    Roberto Guest

    Ok. But Request.BinaryRead doesn't contain only binary data of FILE but
    other information : for example
    CONTENT - TYPE
    CONTENT - DISPOSITION....

    etc etc.....
    Now I must position at the begin of Binary Data.....I have tried with INSTRB
    and MIDB but if I call INSTRB with Binary Data it goes in crash.

    Rob.

    Roberto, Oct 16, 2003
  4. Roberto

    MSFT Guest