howto set login failed page when using windows authentification

Dan

hi ng,

is there a way to set a page the user gets redirected when using windows
authentification (and the user gets authentificated by active directory)
and authorization failed?)
i have tried to set the iis error page and the customerrors at
web.config, none of them worked.
when the user cannot be authenticated (e.g. because password wrong), iis
uses the custom error page i defined for the application. as i wanted to.
but when authorization in web.config doesn't grant access (password ok,
but user denied), the user always get redirected to:

Error message 401.2.: You do not have permission to view this directory
or page using the credentials you supplied. Contact the Web server's
administrator for help.

thanks for your help.
dan

Guest

You can do this only of you have your own server. I you just happen to upload
this site to a shared hosting provider, you will not have access to IIS.
So, in your web.config file you will need to set the customError element like
so..

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors defaultRedirect="GenericError.htm"
mode="RemoteOnly">
<error statusCode="401.2"
redirect="UnAuthorized.html"/>
</customErrors>