Howto tell eclipse to use local html documentation?

Discussion in 'Java' started by anton, Mar 13, 2006.

  1. anton

    anton Guest

    Hi,
    first of all :I am new to java and eclipse.

    I unzipped the jdk-1_5_0-doc.zip in the c:\program Files\java folder.
    (So I have c:\program Files\java\doc\... )

    Now when I want to get context sensitive help in eclipse
    I use F2 you see the nice boxes .. trying around
    some keystrokes (sorry don't remember some F1-CTRL??)
    eclipse started my FireFox and tried to read the documentation
    of the sun homepage.

    Since I am not online, and since I have the doc locally
    I would like to use the local doc.

    Does somebody have any idea where I can configure this or
    is this "hard-wired" in eclipse?

    I went through all the preferences but didn't find anything.

    I use eclipse 3.1.2 on win2Ksp4 and java 1.5.0_6

    Thanks
    anton, Mar 13, 2006

  2. anton

    Paul Hamaker Guest

    Window, Preferences
    Java, Installed JREs
    Select JRE, Edit
    Clear Use default system libraries
    + rt.jar
    Javadoc location, Edit
    --------------------
    Paul Hamaker, SEMM, teaching ICT since 1987
    http://javalessons.com
    Paul Hamaker, Mar 13, 2006

  3. anton

    BWill Guest

    Hmm, no go. Any ideas? This has plagued me forever.

    BWill, Mar 13, 2006
  4. anton

    Paul Hamaker Guest

    Paul Hamaker, Mar 14, 2006
  5. anton

    Paul Hamaker Guest

    To see the doc, click in a keyword, then Shift-F2.
    Paul Hamaker, Mar 15, 2006
  6. anton

    anton Guest

    Paul Hamaker schrieb:

    > Here's how I did it :
    > http://javalessons.com/ecldoc.png

    AAAH thanks a lot,
    this was really "hidden" for me.

    Such configuration details could me more "visible".

    Thanks a lot Paul :)
    anton, Mar 16, 2006