Howto upload file w/ applet and php/cgi script

Jorch

Hello!

I'm trying to make applet wich should have a possibility to upload
file from client to server as like it's done in std html form's file
element.

How do i do it?? I know that it's something like:

out.println("POST /cgi-bin/fileupload.php");
out.println("Content-type: application/x-www-multipart-form-data"); //??
out.println("Content-length: "+file_length+"\n\n");

....and then what??? How do I read data from file to output stream??

Where do I find HOWTO to read about this subject???

Thanx!

-jori

Roedy Green

How do i do it?? I know that it's something like:

out.println("POST /cgi-bin/fileupload.php");
out.println("Content-type: application/x-www-multipart-form-data"); //??
out.println("Content-length: "+file_length+"\n\n");

...and then what??? How do I read data from file to output stream??

Where do I find HOWTO to read about this subject???

the problem is you need some code on the server end to receive your
file. You can't go fiddling with the server's files directly.

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/remotefileaccess.html

To see how to do a post, see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/fileio.html

As so see the MaxiFileTransfer class in
http://mindprod.com/products.html#FILETRANSFER which does a PUT.

Jorch

the problem is you need some code on the server end to receive your
file. You can't go fiddling with the server's files directly.

You don't say!

I have code already, done with PHP and it works fine with HTML forms!

Thing I would like to find out is how I can tell to server that file
is coming, tell it's name to server and howto send the actual file to
server (with PrintWriter or what??)

-jori luoto