HOWTO: Wrap Text or Wider the Drop Down Box? (Web Control)

Don Wash

Hi There!

I have a Server-side Drop-down box in ASP.NET (VB) page. What do I do to
widen the Drop down box's Pull-Down list's width?

I'm not talking about the Drop-down box's width but the box that appear when
user clicks the drop-down arrow button. Because items in the Drop down list
are a little long, user can't see the full thing when they pull down the
items from the drop down list.

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

Don

Chandra Sekhar

I don't favor having height and width attributes in any html object. I will
do that in the stylesheet - much cleaner (less source to render to browser).

Sekhar.

Don Wash

No, I'm not talking about the Drop-down box's width but the box that appear
when
user clicks the drop-down arrow button. Because items in the Drop down list
are a little long, user can't see the full thing when they pull down the
items from the drop down list.

E.g., The Dropdown List Width is 100px, but the contents width is 200px. I
want the contents to shown in full when user click the Drop down box button.

It is easier to do it in Windows Forms' ComboBox, which have DropdownWidth
property. Is there an equivalent property in Web Control Dropdown box?

Thanks,
Don