    System.currentTimeMillis() is called) from the host system?

    Regards,
    Steffen
    Steffen Huebner, Apr 30, 2004

  2. Steffen Huebner

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 30 Apr 2004 05:36:33 -0700, (Steffen Huebner) wrote
    or quoted :

    >We seem to have differences between the unix system time (coming from
    >an NTP server) and the time our java application has (as it produces
    >timestamps).
    >At the start of the app the time is synchro and after about 2 weeks
    >the time is 20secs ahead of the system time...

    Keep your machines is sync by having them check in with an NTP server.
    See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/atomiclock.html

    PC's have two clocks, an accurate one, and a time of day ticks since
    midnight that is reset on boot. Modern tick clocks are pretty
    accurate, but on older machines, they will get out of whack if you
    don't reboot daily or resync from the clock calendar. Since accessing
    the tick clock is faster, that's what you normally get from Windows
    OS.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Apr 30, 2004

  3. Steffen Huebner

    Liz Guest

    "Roedy Green" <> wrote in message
    > On 30 Apr 2004 05:36:33 -0700, (Steffen Huebner) wrote
    > or quoted :
    >

    > >We seem to have differences between the unix system time (coming from
    > >an NTP server) and the time our java application has (as it produces
    > >timestamps).
    > >At the start of the app the time is synchro and after about 2 weeks
    > >the time is 20secs ahead of the system time...

    > Keep your machines is sync by having them check in with an NTP server.
    > See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/atomiclock.html

    Win XP uses NTP once per week to reset the clock.

    Liz, Apr 30, 2004