HP-UX+mkmf.rb -- compilation problems with 1.8.1

Kero

Hi,

configure.in specifies "-E" for DLDFLAGS on HP-UX in order to export
symbols by default from shared libraries. That's good.

With the 1.8.1 version mkmf.rb, this is passed further along in the ruby
configuration than it used to be, resulting in an appearance in the
command line for have_library. The command there is $(CC).

The result is that the test no longer links conftest.c, but only
preprocesses it.

I think "-E" should be specified. I think "-Wl,-E" should be used in the
command line. I do not know what XLDFLAGS is supposed to do, but it is set
to DLDFLAGS somewhere in mkmf.rb

I am confused by the sheer amount of environment variables and could not
get it to work, with a simple change.

On a sidenote:
cc: "gc.c", line 689: warning 562: Redeclaration of "gc_mark" with a
different storage class specifier: "gc_mark" will have internal linkage.

hth,
Kero.

| all the meaningless and empty words I spoke |
| Promises -- The Cranberries |
+--- M38c --- http://httpd.chello.nl/k.vangelder ---+