HPUX Installation error

Discussion in 'Python' started by dean, Jun 7, 2004.

  1. dean

    dean Guest

    Hello Group:

    I obtained a copy ofthe python 2.3.3 depot (binary zipped) from the hp
    porting archive. I have successfully unzipped the file and installed
    it using swinstall. I received the following errors when installing:

    --------------------snip-----------------------------

    xx * Target logfile: hermes:/var/adm/sw/swagent.log
    ^ x
    xx * Reading source for product information.
    xx * Reading source for file information.
    xx The corequisite "gettext.gettext-SHLIBS" for fileset
    xx "python.python-SHLIBS,r=2.3.3" cannot be successfully
    xx resolved.
    xx The corequisite "ncurses.ncurses-SHLIBS" for fileset
    xx "python.python-SHLIBS,r=2.3.3" cannot be successfully
    xx resolved.
    xx The corequisite "openssl.openssl-RUN" for fileset
    xx "python.python-SHLIBS,r=2.3.3" cannot be successfully
    xx resolved.
    xx ERROR: The dependencies for fileset
    "python.python-SHLIBS,r=2.3.3" x
    xx cannot be resolved (see previous lines).
    v x
    xxqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

    Has anybody seem this error and how is it rectified. I am also unable
    to install the cx_oracle module. Please help

    -----------------------oracle error-------------------------

    root@hermes:/home/dlicheri/cx_Oracle-4.0.1 > python setup.py build
    install
    Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
    Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "setup.py", line 13, in ?
    import time
    ImportError: No module named time

    dean, Jun 7, 2004

  2. dean wrote:
    > Hello Group:
    >
    > I obtained a copy ofthe python 2.3.3 depot (binary zipped) from the hp
    > porting archive. I have successfully unzipped the file and installed
    > it using swinstall. I received the following errors when installing:

    > xx ERROR: The dependencies for fileset
    > "python.python-SHLIBS,r=2.3.3" x
    > xx cannot be resolved (see previous lines).
    > v x
    > xxqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq
    >
    > Has anybody seem this error and how is it rectified. I am also unable
    > to install the cx_oracle module. Please help

    I'd suggest you ask the hp porting archive people for more
    help. They've done the packaging for it. It looks (to me)
    like you need to install a few other packages first, or at
    the same time.

    > -----------------------oracle error-------------------------
    >
    > root@hermes:/home/dlicheri/cx_Oracle-4.0.1 > python setup.py build
    > install
    > Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
    > Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
    > Traceback (most recent call last):
    > File "setup.py", line 13, in ?
    > import time
    > ImportError: No module named time

    This indicates that your python install is pretty much hosed.
    The timemodule is a very very fundamental and basic module - if
    it's missing, chances are lots more is as well.

    --
    Anthony Baxter <>

    Anthony Baxter, Jun 10, 2004