HPUX Installation error

dean

Hello Group:

I obtained a copy ofthe python 2.3.3 depot (binary zipped) from the hp
porting archive. I have successfully unzipped the file and installed
it using swinstall. I received the following errors when installing:

--------------------snip-----------------------------

xx * Target logfile: hermes:/var/adm/sw/swagent.log
^ x
xx * Reading source for product information.
xx * Reading source for file information.
xx The corequisite "gettext.gettext-SHLIBS" for fileset
xx "python.python-SHLIBS,r=2.3.3" cannot be successfully
xx resolved.
xx The corequisite "ncurses.ncurses-SHLIBS" for fileset
xx "python.python-SHLIBS,r=2.3.3" cannot be successfully
xx resolved.
xx The corequisite "openssl.openssl-RUN" for fileset
xx "python.python-SHLIBS,r=2.3.3" cannot be successfully
xx resolved.
xx ERROR: The dependencies for fileset
"python.python-SHLIBS,r=2.3.3" x
xx cannot be resolved (see previous lines).
v x
xxqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

Has anybody seem this error and how is it rectified. I am also unable
to install the cx_oracle module. Please help

-----------------------oracle error-------------------------

root@hermes:/home/dlicheri/cx_Oracle-4.0.1 > python setup.py build
install
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "setup.py", line 13, in ?
import time
ImportError: No module named time

Anthony Baxter

dean said:
Hello Group:

I obtained a copy ofthe python 2.3.3 depot (binary zipped) from the hp
porting archive. I have successfully unzipped the file and installed
it using swinstall. I received the following errors when installing:
xx ERROR: The dependencies for fileset
"python.python-SHLIBS,r=2.3.3" x
xx cannot be resolved (see previous lines).
v x
xxqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

Has anybody seem this error and how is it rectified. I am also unable
to install the cx_oracle module. Please help

I'd suggest you ask the hp porting archive people for more
help. They've done the packaging for it. It looks (to me)
like you need to install a few other packages first, or at
the same time.
-----------------------oracle error-------------------------

root@hermes:/home/dlicheri/cx_Oracle-4.0.1 > python setup.py build
install
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "setup.py", line 13, in ?
import time
ImportError: No module named time

This indicates that your python install is pretty much hosed.
The timemodule is a very very fundamental and basic module - if
it's missing, chances are lots more is as well.