hr-xml localized description

Discussion in 'XML' started by fxparlant, Sep 13, 2005.

  1. fxparlant

    fxparlant Guest

    Hello,

    I didn't find a specific newsgroup for HR-xml, excuse me for posting
    here.

    Can I build a resume with several "description" tags, one for each
    language ?
    Or should I start a whole hierarchy with another xml:lang?

    Exemple 1: TWINS "DESCRIPTION" TAGS

    <PositionHistory>
    <Title>Assistant RH </Title>
    <Description xml:lang="FR">Le détail en français</Description>
    <Description xml:lang="EN">The english description</Description>
    </PositionHistory>
    </pre>

    --------------------------------
    Exemple 2: DOUBLE HIERARCHY
    --------------------------------

    <PositionHistory xml:lang="FR">
    <Title>Assistant RH </Title>
    <Description xml:lang="FR">Le détail en français</Description>
    </PositionHistory>
    <PositionHistory xml:lang="EN">
    <Title>HR Assistant</Title>
    <Description xml:lang="EN">The english description</Description>
    </PositionHistory>

    Thanks for any answer or forward to a page of information.

    François
    fxparlant, Sep 13, 2005

  2. fxparlant

    Peter Flynn Guest

    fxparlant wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I didn't find a specific newsgroup for HR-xml, excuse me for posting
    > here.
    >

    > Can I build a resume with several "description" tags, one for each
    > language ?
    > Or should I start a whole hierarchy with another xml:lang?

    I think this is something you need to ask the HR-xml Consortium.
    www.hr-xml.org

    ///Peter
    Peter Flynn, Sep 13, 2005

  3. fxparlant

    fxparlant Guest

    Thanks a lot Peter, for taking time to answer. unfortunatelyfor me, I
    had to send this SOS because nowhere could be found help on the
    HR-xml.org site.

    Will you agree that the "request information" page, is only dedicated
    to future membership ?

    Please, if there is a support page that I didn't notice on the
    hr-xml.org site, mention it to me, I'll be very grateful.

    François
    fxparlant, Sep 14, 2005
  4. fxparlant

    Peter Flynn Guest

    fxparlant wrote:

    > Thanks a lot Peter, for taking time to answer. unfortunatelyfor me, I
    > had to send this SOS because nowhere could be found help on the
    > HR-xml.org site.

    I think you have to be a member to get help, and that involves payment.

    > Will you agree that the "request information" page, is only dedicated
    > to future membership ?

    The site does look a little sparse. What the British call "all hat and
    no knickers".

    > Please, if there is a support page that I didn't notice on the
    > hr-xml.org site, mention it to me, I'll be very grateful.

    I'm afraid I saw nothing there.

    ///Peter
    Peter Flynn, Sep 14, 2005
  5. fxparlant

    fxparlant Guest

    I did my best searching their site; glad to see it is not a matter
    personal blindness.

    Nevertheless, I'd like to hear someone about the fact that most of the
    tags used in the HR-xml model of resume are language dependant:
    *"title" for position title
    *description
    *competency

    How to handle the structure with the use of
    "LanguageDependentTextType" ?

    Thanks for your concern

    François
    www.fxparlant.net