    to fiddle around with the settings at their end?

    Many thanks
    -Simon Murphy
    SmurF, Jul 14, 2003

  2. SmurF

    Rob McAninch Guest

    SmurF <news:tPqQa.4734$>:

    > I'm making an HTA multimedia application to run off a CD. The
    > only problem is that whenever I try to run a .hta file, up
    > pops the "Are you sure you want to do this?

    How are you running the .hta? By clicking a link in a web page I
    assume. I don't believe there's any way to prevent this, you
    wouldn't want to anyhow. Just running the file itself (e.g.
    double clicking it) doesn't cause a problem for me.

    > Is there a way to get IE to trust my HTA off the CD and remove
    > the dialog without each user having to fiddle around with the
    > settings at their end?

    Users who have the CDROM correct? Perhaps you're mailing them out
    to family and friends. I recently built a little .hta app for a
    friend of mine, I used autorun to fire off the .hta from the
    CDROM so most MS Win folks never have to touch the contents of
    the CDROM.

    --
    Rob - http://rock13.com/
    Web Stuff: http://rock13.com/webhelp/
    Rob McAninch, Jul 15, 2003

  3. SmurF

    SmurF Guest

    Hi Rob

    Thanks for you reply. I'm doing exactly the same sort of thing you're doing.
    I'm making an hta app and then autorunning it off the CD. I'm not running it
    off a web page but it seems IE treats it like it is - when I double click it
    from the Desktop it still brings up the File download box asking me to open
    or save it. If you know of any way to get IE to trust a particular hta -
    perhaps with signed code?... - I'd really love to know.

    Thanks
    -Simon Murphy

    SmurF, Jul 16, 2003
  4. SmurF

    Rob McAninch Guest

    SmurF <news:ef3Ra.5123$>:

    > "Rob McAninch" <>:
    >> SmurF <news:tPqQa.4734$>:
    >>
    >> > I'm making an HTA multimedia application to run off a CD.
    >> > The only problem is that whenever I try to run a .hta file,
    >> > up pops the "Are you sure you want to do this?

    >> How are you running the .hta? [...] Just running the file
    >> itself (e.g. double clicking it) doesn't cause a problem for
    >> me.

    > I'm making an hta app and then autorunning it off the CD. I'm
    > not running it off a web page but it seems IE treats it like
    > it is - when I double click it from the Desktop it still
    > brings up the File download box asking me to open or save it.
    > If you know of any way to get IE to trust a particular hta -
    > perhaps with signed code?.

    I'd say your machine has a mixed up configuration. Any Windows
    box I've used does not fire off "IE", the .hta extension should
    be configured to open with mshta.exe the bare window that is
    apparently powered by IE.

    Just tried it on my WinXP laptop, which is essentially a stock
    install, and there's no warnings or such there either.

    Rob McAninch, Jul 16, 2003