Hta file type

Lee

Mark said:
I have a windows 2000 PC and it does not know what a hta file is.

any ideas.

I believe you need to associate that file type with mshta.exe, which should be
in your System32 folder.

Grant Wagner

Mark said:
I have a windows 2000 PC and it does not know what a hta file is.

any ideas.

Mark

Start > Run > type "cmd" hit enter
type "assoc .hta" hit enter
It should report:
..hta=htafile
type "ftype htafile" hit enter
It should report:
htafile=C:\WINNT\System32\mshta.exe "%1" %*

If "assoc" reports something other than "htafile", then someone has
changed the file association for the HTA file type on your machine and
registered some other application to handle it. You can "ftype" that
file type to determine which application.
If "assoc" reports:
File association not found for extension hta
then someone has removed the file association from your machine.