    I have a windows 2000 PC and it does not know what a hta file is.

    any ideas.

    Mark

    Mark, Feb 1, 2005

  2. Mark

    Lee Guest

    Mark said:

    >I have a windows 2000 PC and it does not know what a hta file is.
    >
    >any ideas.

    I believe you need to associate that file type with mshta.exe, which should be
    in your System32 folder.

    Lee, Feb 1, 2005

  3. Mark

    Grant Wagner Guest

    "Mark" <> wrote in message
    >I have a windows 2000 PC and it does not know what a hta file is.
    >
    > any ideas.
    >
    > Mark

    Start > Run > type "cmd" hit enter
    type "assoc .hta" hit enter
    It should report:
    ..hta=htafile
    type "ftype htafile" hit enter
    It should report:
    htafile=C:\WINNT\System32\mshta.exe "%1" %*

    If "assoc" reports something other than "htafile", then someone has
    changed the file association for the HTA file type on your machine and
    registered some other application to handle it. You can "ftype" that
    file type to determine which application.
    If "assoc" reports:
    File association not found for extension hta
    then someone has removed the file association from your machine.

    --
    Grant Wagner <>

    Grant Wagner, Feb 1, 2005