  1. Dennis

    Dennis Guest

    Is the .hta extesion new? Is it worth pursuing to learn?
    Dennis, Nov 6, 2005

  2. Dennis

    brucie Guest

    brucie, Nov 6, 2005

  3. Dennis

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 13:34:05 -0600, "Dennis" <>
    wrote:

    >Is the .hta extesion new? Is it worth pursuing to learn?

    No. It's an evil M$oft invention with appalling security holes.
    Andy Dingley, Nov 6, 2005
  4. Dennis

    Big Bill Guest

    On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 23:21:40 +0000, Andy Dingley
    <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 13:34:05 -0600, "Dennis" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Is the .hta extesion new? Is it worth pursuing to learn?

    >No. It's an evil M$oft invention with appalling security holes.

    Like Windows.

    BB

    --
    www.kruse.co.uk/
    The buffalo have gone
    Big Bill, Nov 7, 2005
  5. Dennis

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "Dennis" <> wrote in message
    > Is the .hta extesion new? Is it worth pursuing to learn?

    Its not new, I think its been around since the days of IE 5 (or maybe its
    just backwards compatible)? I suspect it will tie you to IE and I very much
    doubt it will work with any other browser. For this reason I'd stay away
    from it.

    Information I gleaned about it (not much):
    http://www.cryer.co.uk/filetypes/h/hta.htm

    Being cynical, its another idea from Microsoft to tie people into using
    Microsoft products - in this case Internet Explorer.
    --
    Brian Cryer
    www.cryer.co.uk/brian
    Brian Cryer, Nov 7, 2005
  6. Dennis

    brucie Guest

    In post <news:>,
    Big Bill said:

    > BB

    what are you doing over here? if you come over here i get to go over to
    alt.internet.search-engines and hassle them about being obsessive
    compulsives.

    --
    l i t t l e v o i c e s
    brucie, Nov 7, 2005