htaccess auth question

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by perlUSER, Jan 13, 2006.

  1. perlUSER

    perlUSER Guest

    Hello guys,

    My htaccess file reads:
    AuthAIX On
    AuthAIXAuthoritative On
    AuthName "Login with your unix ID and Password"
    AuthType Basic
    <Limit GET POST>

    When the folder is accessd I get a pop-up widow where I enter my
    lgoin-id and password.
    My apache validates the login credentials aganist my AIX login
    credentials.

    My question is:
    IS it possible to build a login prompt page and validate the user
    provided login information aganist my AIX server login credentials? If
    so how?

    I appreciate your help.

    Regards,
    Sri.
    perlUSER, Jan 13, 2006

  2. perlUSER

    Guest

    perlUSER wrote:
    > My htaccess file reads:
    > AuthAIX On
    > AuthAIXAuthoritative On

    Are you sure you're using Apache? I didn't know Apache had AIX-specific
    auth methods. Can you post a link about this? I would be VERY
    interested...

    > IS it possible to build a login prompt page and validate the user
    > provided login information aganist my AIX server login credentials?

    Are you using DCE for AIX authentication?

    --
    http://DavidFilmer.com
    , Jan 13, 2006

  3. perlUSER

    perlUSER Guest

    perlUSER, Jan 14, 2006
  4. perlUSER <> wrote:

    > My question is:

    Not about Perl.

    > IS it possible to build a login prompt page and validate the user
    > provided login information aganist my AIX server login credentials? If
    > so how?
    >
    > I appreciate your help.

    You will get more and better help with configuring web servers
    if you post to a newsgroup about web servers rather than one
    about a programming language.

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming