.htaccess & Hotlinking

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Dark Angel, May 1, 2004.

  1. Dark Angel

    Dark Angel Guest

    Ok when it comes to .htaccess I am as about us knowlagable as zombie on a
    good day.

    But there is this script:

    RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^$
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://(www\.)?stateofmind.me.uk(/)?.*$
    [NC]
    RewriteRule .*\.(zip|ZIP)$ http://www.stateofmind.me.uk/php/images/logo.png
    [R,NC]

    Which I used in the past for images and it seems to work, but for some
    resion its not working for the zip files.

    Its been a while since I used this for preventing images from been
    hotlinked.

    But I want to know if this is going to be usless when it comes to downloads
    from another site that is not in the list of dominas?

    --
    Best Regards
    Dark Angel

    http://www.stateofmind.me.uk - My Home Page
    http://www.bluefox.myby.co.uk - My Home Page on Blueyonder
    http://www.shrine2aeris.co.uk - The Shrine to Aeris

    ,---...... _____________
    z Z ((-----. `-----,_____ (
    z ,`\ `-., `----, \....( `,
    ,..-----__.' `\ \____ `/ '\
    /^---` ~ ```` __ \ / ) `(^\( |
    ---------------((/```-------\_ _( `, `,
    `--, (_ / /
    ,--\( '--'`` /`
    /`,.--`^',__.---'`
    \(Ts
    Dark Angel, May 1, 2004

  2. I had exactly the same problem as you, .htaccess works for pictures, flash
    files and I think it did with movies, but it doesn't work with exes and zip
    files.

    I tried loads of scripts but I couldn't get any of them to prevent exe files
    from being hotlinked.

    If you ever manage it, could you post the info here, I'd be greateful to see
    it.

    Phillip

    Phillip Hudson, May 2, 2004

  3. Dark Angel

    Dark Angel Guest

    For some resion it dose not work with images now and I am beging to wornder
    if my host as updated there server :(

    This is starting to do my nut in.

    Dark Angel, May 2, 2004