    How do I use the htaccess file on my server to allow access from just one
    (my) IP, but deny access to all others? I can allow everyone EXCEPT me, but
    am having trouble doing it the other way. Thanks!
    mentalguy2004, Aug 24, 2004

  2. mentalguy2004

    Els Guest

    mentalguy2004 wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > How do I use the htaccess file on my server to allow access
    > from just one (my) IP, but deny access to all others? I can
    > allow everyone EXCEPT me, but am having trouble doing it
    > the other way. Thanks!

    If you have !^ in the RewriteCond, change it to ^
    If you only have ^ there, change it to !^

    (If you are using a Rewrite for it that is)

    Your question is better posted in alt.apache.configuration.

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -
    Els, Aug 24, 2004

  3. "mentalguy2004" <> skrev i melding
    > Hi,
    >
    > How do I use the htaccess file on my server to allow access from just one
    > (my) IP, but deny access to all others? I can allow everyone EXCEPT me,

    but
    > am having trouble doing it the other way. Thanks!

    ..htaccess:
    ---------------------
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from [your ip]
    ---------------------

    If you want to allow additional IP addresses, just add one line for each IP
    address or address range beginning with "Allow from".

    http://httpd.apache.org/docs/howto/auth.html#access
    http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_access.html

    --
    Kim André Akerø
    -
    Kim André Akerø, Aug 24, 2004
  4. mentalguy2004

    lostinspace Guest

    > How do I use the htaccess file on my server to allow access from just one
    > (my) IP, but deny access to all others? I can allow everyone EXCEPT me,
    > but
    > am having trouble doing it the other way. Thanks!

    Please note; these lines are not complete and require other lines.
    Order Deny,Allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from hostname.example.com (or IP
    range)http://httpd.apache.org/docs/howto/auth.html#allowdeny