HTML 4.01 or HTML 5

Andy

Hi,

when using the DTD at the top of a new webpage which is better to use:
HTML 4.01 Strict or the HTML 5? Will it be necessary for everything
created using 4.01 to be compatible with HTML 5?

Cheers,

Andy

+mrcakey

Andy said:
Hi,

when using the DTD at the top of a new webpage which is better to use:
HTML 4.01 Strict or the HTML 5? Will it be necessary for everything
created using 4.01 to be compatible with HTML 5?

HTML5 is not an official specification yet, browser support for its features
is nowhere near complete and one of the central tenets of its design is that
it is backwardly compatible with earlier versions of HTML, so we'll be using
HTML 4.01 for some time to come yet.

Andy Dingley

when using the DTD at the top of a new webpage which is better to use:
HTML 4.01 Strict or the HTML 5?

HTML 4.01 Strict

HTML 5 is solely for people who forgot to take their meds.

MotzaBall

Andy Dingley said:
HTML 4.01 Strict

HTML 5 is solely for people who forgot to take their meds.

HTML 5 is also for those who are skipping right over Web 2.0 and jumping
straight into Web 3.0.
This also requires use of the new CSS2.0972582823482837207 specification
which will finally solve the Right Click > View Source protection issues.

Andy Dingley

HTML 5 is also for those who are skipping right over Web 2.0 and jumping
straight into Web 3.0.

Depending of course on your interpretation of just which way Web 3.0
is going to jump, HTML 5 is one of the worst things that could happen
to it.

MotzaBall

Andy Dingley said:
Depending of course on your interpretation of just which way Web 3.0
is going to jump, HTML 5 is one of the worst things that could happen
to it.

3.0 is now a dead soldier.
Yesterdays news.

5.0 is going to be the shiznit.
Just gotta work through the numbers till we get there.