    created using 4.01 to be compatible with HTML 5?

    Cheers,

    Andy

    Andy, May 18, 2009

  2. Andy

    +mrcakey Guest

    "Andy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > when using the DTD at the top of a new webpage which is better to use:
    > HTML 4.01 Strict or the HTML 5? Will it be necessary for everything
    > created using 4.01 to be compatible with HTML 5?

    HTML5 is not an official specification yet, browser support for its features
    is nowhere near complete and one of the central tenets of its design is that
    it is backwardly compatible with earlier versions of HTML, so we'll be using
    HTML 4.01 for some time to come yet.

    --
    +mrcakey
    www.dreamberry.co.uk

    +mrcakey, May 18, 2009

  3. Andy

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On 18 May, 08:02, Andy <> wrote:

    > when using the DTD at the top of a new webpage which is better to use:
    > HTML 4.01 Strict or the HTML 5?

    HTML 4.01 Strict

    HTML 5 is solely for people who forgot to take their meds.

    Andy Dingley, May 18, 2009
  4. Andy

    MotzaBall Guest

    "Andy Dingley" <> wrote in message
    > On 18 May, 08:02, Andy <> wrote:
    >
    >> when using the DTD at the top of a new webpage which is better to use:
    >> HTML 4.01 Strict or the HTML 5?

    > HTML 4.01 Strict
    >
    > HTML 5 is solely for people who forgot to take their meds.

    HTML 5 is also for those who are skipping right over Web 2.0 and jumping
    straight into Web 3.0.
    This also requires use of the new CSS2.0972582823482837207 specification
    which will finally solve the Right Click > View Source protection issues.

    MotzaBall, May 18, 2009
  5. Andy

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On 18 May, 13:21, "MotzaBall" <> wrote:

    > HTML 5 is also for those who are skipping right over Web 2.0 and jumping
    > straight into Web 3.0.

    Depending of course on your interpretation of just which way Web 3.0
    is going to jump, HTML 5 is one of the worst things that could happen
    to it.

    Andy Dingley, May 19, 2009
  6. Andy

    > On 18 May, 13:21, "MotzaBall" <> wrote:
    >
    >> HTML 5 is also for those who are skipping right over Web 2.0 and jumping
    >> straight into Web 3.0.

    > Depending of course on your interpretation of just which way Web 3.0
    > is going to jump, HTML 5 is one of the worst things that could happen
    > to it.

    3.0 is now a dead soldier.
    Yesterdays news.

    5.0 is going to be the shiznit.
    Just gotta work through the numbers till we get there.

    MotzaBall, May 20, 2009