    things.

    How long we, users, have to wait for more interesting things like
    window inside window?! :)
    v4vijayakumar, Jul 24, 2007

  2. On Jul 24, 8:21 am, v4vijayakumar <>
    wrote:
    > Are HTML versions are backward compatible to previous versions?

    To some extent. Elements and attributes get deprecated as better ways
    to solve problems are added to the language.

    > If no, why all these HTML versions look same all the time? Why there
    > are no considerable improvements?

    Because development stalled while waiting for browsers to implement
    HTML 4.x and XHTML 1.x.

    > Why not let the browsers worry about things.

    HTML 4.01 is six and a half years old and still isn't properly
    implemented in Internet Explorer.

    > How long we, users, have to wait for more interesting things like
    > window inside window?! :)

    "Window inside window" is called "frames", was introduced in HTML 4,
    and promptly avoided by most of the web development community because
    the concept breaks the mapping of "one url = one view", which doesn't
    work nicely with search engines, bookmarks, and various other things.

    --
    David Dorward
    http://dorward.me.uk
    David Dorward, Jul 24, 2007