HTML and CSS Table Border Style Wizard

Shailesh Humbad

Here is a tool I created to help me create table border styles. The
page allows you to dynamically select between different border width,
style, color, and background-color options. As you change border
options, a sample table is rendered in an embedded frame, so you can
immediately see what it looks like in your browser. Then you can view
the CSS example source code to see usage of the border-style,
background-color, and even -moz-border-radius CSS tags.

The TD and TH tags inherit from the TABLE tag, so the only HTML code
change a designer must make is to define a "class" for the "table"
tag. This common practice is much easier than editing all the table,
th, and td style tags throughout the table's HTML code.

When you first load the page, the sample table is in the default table
style of the old table border="1" tag. This way, you can see how to
recreate the original look using just a style sheet. Enjoy.

http://www.somacon.com/color/html_css_table_border_styles.php

Shailesh Humbad

Good point. Fixed. The tool is not just for beginners; anyone who
wants to see how a particular style is rendered in a particular
browser, or see the range of possible border styles, can save a little
time by using it.

Lauri Raittila

Shailesh said:
The tool is not just for beginners; how a particular style is rendered
in a particular browser, or see the range of possible border styles,

Well, only beginners don't know those already, and it won't help much,
when you have bit more complicated table structure.

Please don't top post in future, TOFU deleted

Shailesh Humbad

David said:
I'm not going to do an in depth test right now - but _please_ add <label>s
to all your radio buttons - big click targets are good!

Hey, that's a great suggestion. I had never used the label tag
before. Now it is added. Thanks!