HTML and CSS validation of password protected pages

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Luigi Donatello Asero
Has Chris Pederick helped Mozilla to develop Firefox

Probably. But how is that relevant?
or
why is this extension for Firefox on another site than Mozilla´s?

Because he chooses to host it on his own site? I don't know - ask him if
you really want to know. It's probably hosted on mozilla.org as well,
though it may not be as up-to-date.
Or is perhaps a part of the Mozilla project developed free by volunteers?

Yes - that's how Mozilla works.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Mark Parnell said:
Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Luigi Donatello Asero

Probably. But how is that relevant?

I am relatively new to Mozilla and Firefox and I would like to understand
how much I can trust extra components..
Because he chooses to host it on his own site? I don't know - ask him if
you really want to know.
Does he write here? Or do you mean that I could e-mail him?

It's probably hosted on mozilla.org as well,
though it may not be as up-to-date.
volunteers?

Yes - that's how Mozilla works.

Thank you.
By the way,
are there still riots in Australia?
If not, how long did they last?
Just a few days?

Luigi Donatello Asero

Jonathan N. Little said:
Ignorance is bliss

Sometimes it is.
But in this case I am aware that a website can look better at a browser or
worse at another, and that testing can be useful to improve the way it
looks at all of them..
I just choose to take the risk that it will look worse or much worse at
some other browsers
more than she does.
Last but not least I only have a one-man business, so I already have many
things to do, not only testing the website at browsers and it would be a
bigger risk not to sleep
because I had not tested my website at many browsers....
In the end what is our goal if not to be happy?

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Luigi Donatello Asero
I am relatively new to Mozilla and Firefox and I would like to understand
how much I can trust extra components..

AIUI any extensions hosted at http://addons.mozilla.org have to be
checked and approved by Mozilla "staff" - which is why it can tend to be
a bit out of date. Extensions hosted elsewhere obviously Mozilla has no
control over. I generally only install extensions from other sites if a)
I've used an older version, or b) It's recommended to me by someone I
trust.
Does he write here?

Not unless he uses a pseudonym.
Or do you mean that I could e-mail him?

Yep, or there's probably a contact form on his site, whatever you
prefer.
Thank you.

You're welcome.
By the way,
are there still riots in Australia?
No.

If not, how long did they last?
Just a few days?

Yep.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Mark Parnell said:
Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Luigi Donatello Asero

AIUI any extensions hosted at http://addons.mozilla.org have to be
checked and approved by Mozilla "staff" - which is why it can tend to be
a bit out of date.

Extensions hosted elsewhere obviously Mozilla has no
control over. I generally only install extensions from other sites if a)
I've used an older version, or b) It's recommended to me by someone I
trust.

I had rather use extensions which have been approved by Mozilla, to begin
with.
What is the extension useful for, anyway?
Does it make the browser safer somehow?

I--
Luigi Donatello Asero
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/oversattning.php

Adrienne Boswell

Barbara de Zoete said:
How can I Html and CSS validate my password protected pages?

HTML: [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[V] in Opera while the page is opened from a local
file CSS: [Ctrl]+[C] the entire code; open
<URL:http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator-text.html> and then
[Ctrl]+[V] in the textbox; or use the upload facility at
<URL:http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator-upload.html>

Does Opera cost anything?

No, it's free now.
Which are the technical requirements?

Same as any browser.
I do not have any powerful processor on this computer and I have
already installed
2 browsers (IE and Firefox)

One of the best things about Opera is it's not a hog, and it's very, very
fast. In the old days, I had broadband at work, and dial up at home.
Opera was so fast that I hardly noticed the difference (of course, I was
only a quarter of a mile from the POP).

Barbara de Zoete

"Barbara de Zoete" <[email protected]> skrev i meddelandet

[ on Opera as a browser to test your pages in and validate them through ]
Fine. Please remember that you never need answer my questions if you do
not
want to.

You little arrogant twit (and if you take that personally, it is intended
to be). You don't read these newsgroups, you're not prepared to do some
very simple examination of your own, when very clearly pointed to a good
resource in a normal and valuable direct answer to one of your questions.
You're just a lazy kid who wants a free ride on other peoples knowlegde.
No thanks, bye. Enjoy your life.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Barbara de Zoete said:
"Barbara de Zoete" <[email protected]> skrev i meddelandet

[ on Opera as a browser to test your pages in and validate them through ]
Fine. Please remember that you never need answer my questions if you do
not
want to.

You little arrogant twit (and if you take that personally, it is intended
to be). You don't read these newsgroups, you're not prepared to do some
very simple examination of your own, when very clearly pointed to a good
resource in a normal and valuable direct answer to one of your questions.
You're just a lazy kid who wants a free ride on other peoples knowlegde.
No thanks, bye. Enjoy your life.

Warning.
Your adress is going to be inserted in my killfile.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
Warning.
Your adress is going to be inserted in my killfile.

Now the following adress is supposed to be in my killfile
(e-mail address removed)

Luigi Donatello Asero

Adrienne Boswell said:
Barbara de Zoete said:
On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 05:09:15 +0100, Luigi Donatello Asero

How can I Html and CSS validate my password protected pages?

HTML: [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[V] in Opera while the page is opened from a local
file CSS: [Ctrl]+[C] the entire code; open
<URL:http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator-text.html> and then
[Ctrl]+[V] in the textbox; or use the upload facility at
<URL:http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator-upload.html>

Does Opera cost anything?

No, it's free now.

Thank you
Same as any browser.

One of the best things about Opera is it's not a hog, and it's very, very
fast. In the old days, I had broadband at work, and dial up at home.
Opera was so fast that I hardly noticed the difference (of course, I was
only a quarter of a mile from the POP).

I might test it but the thing is that I have noticed that Firefox is already
slower than IE which I have installed on this computer which slows down my
whole work.
Perhaps it only depends on that I have 2 browsers now...
The main reason why I added Firefox now is that IE is experiencing big
problems concernig security nowadays.

Jonathan N. Little

Barbara said:
"Barbara de Zoete" <[email protected]> skrev i meddelandet

[ on Opera as a browser to test your pages in and validate them through ]
Fine. Please remember that you never need answer my questions if you
do not
want to.

You little arrogant twit (and if you take that personally, it is
intended to be). You don't read these newsgroups, you're not prepared
to do some very simple examination of your own, when very clearly
pointed to a good resource in a normal and valuable direct answer to
one of your questions. You're just a lazy kid who wants a free ride on
other peoples knowlegde. No thanks, bye. Enjoy your life.

No Barbara, he got you (an easy thing to do with Luigi). I question the
sincerity of his questions. I believe I may be correct in that most of
us here honestly try to help, love web development, problem solving, and
to share what we discover. Luigi here is like that *other guy*, but
without the potty mouth; more interesting in mind games.

Jonathan N. Little

Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

I might test it but the thing is that I have noticed that Firefox is already
slower than IE which I have installed on this computer which slows down my
whole work.

Which version? FF1.5 is noticeably faster that 1.0.x.

If you are taking about initial load, well IE has an advantage, it load
on boot.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Luigi said:
I might test it but the thing is that I have noticed that Firefox is
already slower than IE which I have installed on this computer which
slows down my whole work.

Firefox is not slower than IE in most normal installations. IE may be
faster to start up, but that is because most of it is already loaded
with the operating system. Once loaded, Firefox is faster for me, though
Opera is the fastest.
Perhaps it only depends on that I have 2 browsers now...

Not likely. I have nine browsers on my PC, and it's as fast as it ever
was. Three of them are open at this moment, along with my newsreader and
a couple of other things.
The main reason why I added Firefox now is that IE is experiencing big
problems concernig security nowadays.

*Now* experiencing security problems? Where have you been? IE has been
a sieve since its Day One.

You still ask the silliest questions ...

Luigi Donatello Asero

Jonathan N. Little said:
No Barbara, he got you (an easy thing to do with Luigi). I question the
sincerity of his questions.
So, why do you answer them?

I believe I may be correct in that most of
us here honestly try to help, love web development, problem solving, and
to share what we discover.

Some probably do that and others do not.

Luigi here is like that *other guy*, but
without the potty mouth; more interesting in mind games.

What do you mean?

Barbara de Zoete

No Barbara, he got you (an easy thing to do with Luigi).

Hmmm, appearantly he did. The little blood sucker.
I question the sincerity of his questions.

Yeah, I know. Every once in a while I clear out my entire kill file. Thus
this Luige popped up again. I thought, 'What the heck, lets give it a try.
He might have learned something last year.' Well, I did just now. Some
people are in that filter for a valid reason.
I believe I may be correct in that most of us here honestly try to help,
love web development, problem solving, and to share what we discover.

I think so, yes. I sure learned a lot over the last few years, just by
'listening in'. I hardly had to ask a question. And when I did, usually
because I was puzzled with some strange and unexpected effect in one of my
pages, I allmost always got two kind of replies for one problem: (1) the
kind Els and Beauregard would give and that helps you hands-on to solve
the problem at hand and (2) the one Spartanicus or Jukka would give and
that helps you learn to think for yourself so you can solve these problems
on your own in the future. Goes without saying both kind of replies are
most welcome for someone who wants to know, wants to learn.
Luigi here is like that *other guy*, but without the potty mouth; more
interesting in mind games.

Hmmm, I'm easlily triggered by that sort of people, because I'm sort of
naive with this. I always seem to think people are sincere in their
intentions (and most people are). Sometimes this is not true.

Well, he's back where he can't bug me no more. Let's see what happens next
year. :)

Luigi Donatello Asero

Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:
Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

[cut]
The main reason why I added Firefox now is that IE is experiencing big
problems concernig security nowadays.

*Now* experiencing security problems? Where have you been? IE has been
a sieve since its Day One.

You still ask the silliest questions ...

Firstly
I did not say that it was the first time that it had security problems
but if you had read the articles about IE
which appeared on
www.dn.se and
www.corriere.it
yesterday.....
you would have probably understand better what I mean.
Secondly,
do you mean that Firefox has never had security problems?
Thirdly,
if you think that I ask the silliest questions why do you answer?

Jonathan N. Little

Luigi said:
So, why do you answer them?

For the reason I state immediately below
I believe I may be correct in that most of

Some probably do that and others do not.

I recall saying *most* not *all*
Luigi here is like that *other guy*, but

What do you mean?

Not sure how you can be so oblivious, maybe you are form Mars and no dorame!