HTML and CSS validation of password protected pages

Jonathan N. Little

Barbara de Zoete wrote:

Hmmm, I'm easlily triggered by that sort of people, because I'm sort of
naive with this. I always seem to think people are sincere in their
intentions (and most people are). Sometimes this is not true.

Well, he's back where he can't bug me no more. Let's see what happens
next year. :)

I do to, but I try not to be too cynical. I look at it this way, maybe
Luigi may not learn anything, but there is a possibility someone, a
newbie too 'new' to post, may learn something. Maybe how NOT to post ;-)

Luigi Donatello Asero

Jonathan N. Little said:
For the reason I state immediately below

Generally speaking, I think that it is not only important to give advice
but also how.
I do not believe in advices which are based on the assumption that the
one/ones who give them necessarily know more than the one/ones who receive
them.
From this point of view there is a dear minority of users
which I appreciate very much who write on NGs.
I recall saying *most* not *all*

I say "some" because I am more pessimistic than you are on this subject
(see above)
Not sure how you can be so oblivious, maybe you are form Mars and no
dorame!

May-be I think of people as individuals.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
"Jonathan N. Little" <[email protected]> skrev i meddelandet

Generally speaking, I think that it is not only important to give advice
but also how.
I do not believe in advices which are based on the assumption that the
one/ones who give them necessarily know more than the one/ones who receive
them.
From this point of view there is a dear minority of users
whom I appreciate very much who write on NGs.

Jonathan N. Little

Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
Generally speaking, I think that it is not only important to give advice
but also how.
I do not believe in advices which are based on the assumption that the
one/ones who give them necessarily know more than the one/ones who receive
them.
From this point of view there is a dear minority of users
which I appreciate very much who write on NGs.

That maybe part of your problem, you do not recognize when someone may
be giving you valuable information...

<snip>

Luigi Donatello Asero

Jonathan N. Little said:
Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

That maybe part of your problem, you do not recognize when someone may
be giving you valuable information...

I am under the impression that you did not understand what I wrote above.
Would you mind to cancel the page which you had on your website where you
wrote
the name of my one-man business or do you have anything against it?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Luigi said:
Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:
Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
[cut]
The main reason why I added Firefox now is that IE is experiencing big
problems concernig security nowadays.

*Now* experiencing security problems? Where have you been? IE has been
a sieve since its Day One.

You still ask the silliest questions ...

Firstly I did not say that it was the first time that it had security
problems

You more or less implied that IE security issues were, um, new, with the
wording of your statement above. "The main reason why I added Firefox
*now* is that IE is experiencing big problems concernig security
*nowadays*."

Nowadays? said:
but if you had read the articles about IE which appeared on
www.dn.se and
www.corriere.it
yesterday.....
you would have probably understand better what I mean.

Hundreds of English-language pages have been reporting the WMF exploit
for a week or so.
Secondly, do you mean that Firefox has never had security problems?

I never said that. However, Firefox (and the Mozilla group) is known to
issue updated versions much more quickly than Microsoft. Thirdly,
Firefox was *born* much more secure than IE to begin.

Have a journey through http://secunia.com/product/
selecting current Microsoft and Mozilla Firefox browsers.

IE:
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.x with all vendor patches installed and
all vendor workarounds applied, is currently affected by one or more
Secunia advisories rated Highly critical.
Currently, 21 out of 91 Secunia advisories, are marked as "Unpatched" in
the Secunia database.

Firefox:
Mozilla Firefox 1.x with all vendor patches installed and all vendor
workarounds applied, is currently affected by one or more Secunia
advisories rated Less critical.
Currently, 3 out of 26 Secunia advisories, are marked as "Unpatched" in
the Secunia database.
Thirdly, if you think that I ask the silliest questions why do you
answer?

Sometimes I need a dose of humour. It's always fun to watch you reject
good solutions.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Nowadays? said:
but if you had read the articles about IE which appeared on
www.dn.se and
www.corriere.it
yesterday.....
you would have probably understand better what I mean.

Hundreds of English-language pages have been reporting the WMF exploit
for a week or so.

What I mean is that when well known newspapers as Dagens Nyheter and Il
Corriere della Sera
write such articles, it is likely to be something going on...

Sometimes I need a dose of humour. It's always fun to watch you reject
good solutions.

Of course, I know that I am one of the biggest attractions on the whole
Usenet.
If it goes on I might be one of the biggest attractions all over Internet.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <[email protected]> skrev i meddelandet
What I mean is that when well known newspapers as Dagens Nyheter and Il
Corriere della Sera
write such articles, it is likely to be something going on...

on the web, I do not know what they wrote on the paper version.

Jonathan N. Little

Luigi said:
I am under the impression that you did not understand what I wrote above.
Would you mind to cancel the page which you had on your website where you
wrote
the name of my one-man business or do you have anything against it?

(This may be a mistake to continue) What are you talking about? On *my*
website? I have your *website* listed? Where?

Barbara de Zoete

(This may be a mistake to continue) What are you talking about? On *my*
website? I have your *website* listed? Where?

LOL Would there be a very clever bot at work here? Being able to put words
into sentences and even sentences into paragraphs, that _seem_ to make
sense to humans, but in a longer 'conversation' losing the context and any
real meaning?

Luigi Donatello Asero

Jonathan N. Little said:
Barbara de Zoete wrote:

I do to, but I try not to be too cynical. I look at it this way, maybe
Luigi may not learn anything, but there is a possibility someone, a
newbie too 'new' to post, may learn something. Maybe how NOT to post ;-)

We all learn,
everyone always has something to learn

Jonathan N. Little

Luigi said:

1. There is *no* link to that page in my website.
2. It is *hosted* on my server in my 'temp' folder as with all my NG
examples.
3. It is *my* code with *your* content in a *failed* attempt to help you
understand how not to abuse tables for layout and how to float sections
properly.
4. I intend to delete it when the thread to which the example is linked
expires, else folks who really want to learn something would not have
the benefit of the example to make use of the tread.
5. Maybe counseling might help that paranoia, eh?

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:
In the end what is our goal if not to be happy?

To get laid, of course. And believe me, the road to that seldom brings
any happiness worth mentioning.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:
Warning.
Your adress is going to be inserted in my killfile.

But doesn't it get your goat that she probably killfiled you first?

Anyway, I never killfile anyone, not radicals, not smart-assed broads,
not teenage(-ish) wisecracking jerks, -not anyone. I may not read their
crap and probably wouldn't reply to any drivel they spew, but why give
them the satisfaction of knowing they are important enough in your life
for you to take special action over?

Another thing is, and more important, that people are people and no one
has a good day everyday. However, personalities do come out in
newsgroups and you do have the choice of how to respond on both a
general and individual basis.

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Neredbojias
but why give
them the satisfaction of knowing they are important enough in your life
for you to take special action over?

Why tell them? I very rarely, if ever, tell someone they are in my
killfile. I just stick them there and forget about them. And unlike
Barbara, I don't clear it out. :)

(dorayme would have a field day with the above paragraph if she was
around...)

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:
Of course, I know that I am one of the biggest attractions on the whole
Usenet.
If it goes on I might be one of the biggest attractions all over Internet.

Careful... That's what Hitler thought in regards to his speaking
talents and look where he ended up.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Jonathan N. Little said:
1. There is *no* link to that page in my website.
2. It is *hosted* on my server in my 'temp' folder as with all my NG
examples.
3. It is *my* code with *your* content in a *failed* attempt to help you
understand how not to abuse tables for layout and how to float sections
properly.

On that page there are pictures, aren´t they?
Are they yours? No!
And there is also the name of my one-man business.
Do you really need it to let your website to get more visits?
If you only want to show your design you can change the text, the images and
write another name.
Not just "Scaiecat Spa Gigi"!

Luigi Donatello Asero

Neredbojias said:
With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:
Internet.

Careful... That's what Hitler thought in regards to his speaking
talents and look where he ended up.

Not as a result of his talents but for the way he used them.