HTML and VB6

NEWWebDeveloper

MULTIPLE POST

Can someone direct me to the correct Usenet group for VB and web.
Basically I want to know how to read and write to a file on my
website. I know NO HTML just VB. Which web site/ user group would I
look at?

Here what i want. I have a program that I want to have registered at
my Web site. After the serial number is entered at a form on my web
site I want to generated (at the web site) an activation code in VB .
i also want to write the transaction to a file so if that serial
number is entered again i will be able to have a record of it