    Any ideas?

    Andrew J Durstewitz
    ASP,ASP.NET Developer

    Andrew Durstewitz, Dec 3, 2003

  2. Andrew Durstewitz

    Ray at Guest

    I assume you mean stop, not top, and if so, you won't be able to tell the
    source of the copied text. What are the issues?

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Dec 3, 2003

  3. People are copying a pasting from word and it crashes the asp engine.
    Since a bullet it alot of the time a non-ascii text character when
    people copy and past them it kills the sql query. But if I write a
    character cleaner it would take too much processor time. That's why I
    was looking for a way to do this by just not allowing users to past into
    text boxes.

    DEVBuilder.org, http://www.DEVBuilder.org
    ASP,ASP.NET,VB.NET,PHP,Java,and SQL Support, all in one place.

    Andrew Durstewitz, Dec 3, 2003
  4. Andrew Durstewitz

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On 03 Dec 2003 20:14:24 GMT, Andrew Durstewitz <>
    wrote:

    >People are copying a pasting from word and it crashes the asp engine.
    >Since a bullet it alot of the time a non-ascii text character when
    >people copy and past them it kills the sql query. But if I write a
    >character cleaner it would take too much processor time. That's why I
    >was looking for a way to do this by just not allowing users to past into
    >text boxes.

    It would help to know what you're doing with the pasted text that
    causes a crash. I have no issues here, and all I do is escape a few
    characters like single quotes.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Dec 3, 2003
  5. It's getting inserted into a database.

    Andrew Durstewitz, Dec 3, 2003
  6. Andrew Durstewitz

    Ray at Guest

    Are you sure it's not just a ' issue. Any character that goes into a
    textbox should be fine. Is this a "rich" textbox?

    Ray at, Dec 3, 2003
  7. I know it's not a ' issue because of have
    Replace(strStuff, "'","''") on all of the text boxes.

    I'm wondering if it has anything to do with that I'm running asp on a
    ChiliSoft and MySQL. I have orderd new servers from rackspace with
    windows 2003. I'm hoping this issue will go away.

    Andrew

    Andrew Durstewitz, Dec 3, 2003
  8. Hi,

    Why dont you use a Rich-Text box rather than a textarea, like the compose page in Yahoo or Hotmail. It would give more flexibility to the user. And u can form the HTML and store it into the database or in a textfile.

    If you need that code let me know.

    Bhaskardeep Khaund

    Bhaskardeep Khaund, Dec 4, 2003