HTML/ASP Form Paste

Andrew Durstewitz

Hi!

I'm using ASP and HTML for a form. I'm having a major issue with users
copying from MS Word or Work Perfect into my text boxes. What I want to
do is top this with either html, javascript, or asp.

Any ideas?

Andrew J Durstewitz
ASP,ASP.NET Developer

Ray at

I assume you mean stop, not top, and if so, you won't be able to tell the
source of the copied text. What are the issues?

Ray at work

Andrew Durstewitz

People are copying a pasting from word and it crashes the asp engine.
Since a bullet it alot of the time a non-ascii text character when
people copy and past them it kills the sql query. But if I write a
character cleaner it would take too much processor time. That's why I
was looking for a way to do this by just not allowing users to past into
text boxes.

DEVBuilder.org, http://www.DEVBuilder.org
ASP,ASP.NET,VB.NET,PHP,Java,and SQL Support, all in one place.

Jeff Cochran

People are copying a pasting from word and it crashes the asp engine.
Since a bullet it alot of the time a non-ascii text character when
people copy and past them it kills the sql query. But if I write a
character cleaner it would take too much processor time. That's why I
was looking for a way to do this by just not allowing users to past into
text boxes.

It would help to know what you're doing with the pasted text that
causes a crash. I have no issues here, and all I do is escape a few
characters like single quotes.

Jeff

Ray at

Are you sure it's not just a ' issue. Any character that goes into a
textbox should be fine. Is this a "rich" textbox?

Ray at work

Andrew Durstewitz

I know it's not a ' issue because of have
Replace(strStuff, "'","''") on all of the text boxes.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with that I'm running asp on a
ChiliSoft and MySQL. I have orderd new servers from rackspace with
windows 2003. I'm hoping this issue will go away.

Andrew

DEVBuilder.org, http://www.DEVBuilder.org
ASP,ASP.NET,VB.NET,PHP,Java,and SQL Support, all in one place.

Bhaskardeep Khaund

Hi,

Why dont you use a Rich-Text box rather than a textarea, like the compose page in Yahoo or Hotmail. It would give more flexibility to the user. And u can form the HTML and store it into the database or in a textfile.

If you need that code let me know.

Bhaskardeep Khaund