    Thank You

    Yours Sincerely

    Richard West

    freesoft_2000, Sep 23, 2006

  2. freesoft_2000 wrote:
    > Does anyone know how to change part of the background color of a
    > paragraph

    p.foo {
    background-color: red;
    color: black;
    }

    > something down the lines like using css with the span tag except that
    > i do not want to use any css at all.

    Why not? That's what it's for.

    Leif K-Brooks, Sep 23, 2006

  3. Hi everyone,

    >> Why not? That's what it's for.

    Its just for some special requirement i have.
    Anyways is it possible to do it without CSS?

    Richard West

    freesoft_2000, Sep 23, 2006
  4. freesoft_2000 wrote:
    >> Why not? That's what it's for.

    > Its just for some special requirement i have.
    > Anyways is it possible to do it without CSS?

    What, are you in a "Designing Web sites the Rube Goldberg way" contest
    or something?

    Leif K-Brooks, Sep 23, 2006
  5. Hi everyone,

    >>What, are you in a "Designing Web sites the >>Rube Goldberg way" contest

    >>or something?

    Something like that but its more of a browser with an in built html
    parser.

    Anyways going back to the original question, is it possible for me to do
    this without CSS?

    Richard West

    freesoft_2000, Sep 23, 2006
  6. freesoft_2000

    freemont Guest

    On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 16:09:06 -0400, freesoft_2000 wrote:

    > Hi everyone,
    >
    >>>What, are you in a "Designing Web sites the >>Rube Goldberg way" contest

    >>>or something?

    > Something like that but its more of a browser with an in built html
    > parser.
    >
    > Anyways going back to the original question, is it possible for me to do
    > this without CSS?

    *If* the style attribute doesn't count as CSS:

    I hope you don't think that this is good markup. The font tag is simply
    not acceptable any more.

    --
    "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
    ¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·-> freemont© <-·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯

    freemont, Sep 23, 2006
  7. freemont wrote:
    > *If* the style attribute doesn't count as CSS:

    > I hope you don't think that this is good markup. The font tag is simply
    > not acceptable any more.

    Why not put the style attribute on the p element itself?

    Leif K-Brooks, Sep 23, 2006
  8. freesoft_2000

    freemont Guest

    On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 16:34:49 -0400, Leif K-Brooks wrote:

    > freemont wrote:
    >> *If* the style attribute doesn't count as CSS:

    >> I hope you don't think that this is good markup. The font tag is simply
    >> not acceptable any more.

    > Why not put the style attribute on the p element itself?

    Because he said "part of the background color of a paragraph". Of course
    if he wants the whole <p> colored, that'd be a way to do it. :)

    freemont, Sep 23, 2006
  9. freesoft_2000

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <.
    com>,
    "freesoft_2000" <> wrote:

    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > Does anyone know how to change part of the background
    > color of a paragraph something down the lines like using css with the span
    > tag except that i do not want to use any css at all.
    >
    > Can this be done at all and is it possible to be done.
    >
    > A short example would really be helpful

    You mean you want

    I want you to forget what you are seeing and concentrate very
    very very hard on the following instructions. Are you very
    relaxed? You are feeling a little sleepy. You are now starting to
    imagine black on red and now you can see that... I am black on
    red.</p>

    without the lowdown no-good impostering-trickster-shyster con-job
    of:

    I want you to forget what you are seeing and concentrate very
    very very hard on the following instructions. Are you very
    relaxed? You are feeling a little sleepy. You are now starting to
    imagine black on red and now you can see that... <span
    style="background:red;">I am black on red</span>.</p>

    ?

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Sep 23, 2006