HTML Background Colors

freesoft_2000

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to change part of the background
color of a paragraph something down the lines like using css with the span
tag except that i do not want to use any css at all.

Can this be done at all and is it possible to be done.

A short example would really be helpful

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thank You

Yours Sincerely

Richard West

Leif K-Brooks

freesoft_2000 said:
Does anyone know how to change part of the background color of a
paragraph

p.foo {
background-color: red;
color: black;
}
something down the lines like using css with the span tag except that
i do not want to use any css at all.

Why not? That's what it's for.

freesoft_2000

Hi everyone,

Its just for some special requirement i have.
Anyways is it possible to do it without CSS?

Richard West

Leif K-Brooks

freesoft_2000 said:
Its just for some special requirement i have.
Anyways is it possible to do it without CSS?

What, are you in a "Designing Web sites the Rube Goldberg way" contest
or something?

freesoft_2000

Hi everyone,

Something like that but its more of a browser with an in built html
parser.

Anyways going back to the original question, is it possible for me to do
this without CSS?

Richard West

freemont

Hi everyone,

Something like that but its more of a browser with an in built html
parser.

Anyways going back to the original question, is it possible for me to do
this without CSS?

*If* the style attribute doesn't count as CSS:

I hope you don't think that this is good markup. The font tag is simply
not acceptable any more.

Leif K-Brooks

freemont said:
*If* the style attribute doesn't count as CSS:

I hope you don't think that this is good markup. The font tag is simply
not acceptable any more.

Why not put the style attribute on the p element itself?

freemont

Why not put the style attribute on the p element itself?

Because he said "part of the background color of a paragraph". Of course
if he wants the whole <p> colored, that'd be a way to do it. :)

dorayme

<[email protected].
com>,
"freesoft_2000 said:
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to change part of the background
color of a paragraph something down the lines like using css with the span
tag except that i do not want to use any css at all.

Can this be done at all and is it possible to be done.

A short example would really be helpful

You mean you want

I want you to forget what you are seeing and concentrate very
very very hard on the following instructions. Are you very
relaxed? You are feeling a little sleepy. You are now starting to
imagine black on red and now you can see that... I am black on
red.</p>

without the lowdown no-good impostering-trickster-shyster con-job
of:

I want you to forget what you are seeing and concentrate very
very very hard on the following instructions. Are you very
relaxed? You are feeling a little sleepy. You are now starting to
imagine black on red and now you can see that... <span
style="background:red;">I am black on red</span>.</p>

?