Html code beautifier

Discussion in 'Java' started by Joe Snodgrass, Apr 28, 2011.

  1. I'm looking for an html code beautifier. Would anybody know where I
    can get such a thing? TIA.

    Joe Snodgrass, Apr 28, 2011

  2. On 4/28/2011 9:24 AM, Joe Snodgrass wrote:

    > I'm looking for an html code beautifier. Would anybody know where I
    > can get such a thing? TIA.

    Try an html newsgroup.

    --
    ==================
    Remove the "x" from my email address

    ==================

    Jerry Stuckle, Apr 28, 2011

  3. Joe Snodgrass

    Lew Guest

    On 04/28/2011 09:30 AM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
    > On 4/28/2011 9:24 AM, Joe Snodgrass wrote:
    >>
    >> I'm looking for an html [sic] code beautifier. Would anybody know where I
    >> can get such a thing? TIA.

    > Try an html [sic] newsgroup.

    Oh, come on. Help out a cross-posting brother who posts to every other group
    *but* an HTML newsgroup:

    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=html code beautifier

    Also, the OP might wish to consider using one of the popular IDEs (Integrated
    Development Environments) out there, such as emacs; they all know how to
    "beautify" HTML. (Beauty is in your eye, beholder.)

    --
    Lew
    Honi soit qui mal y pense.

    Lew, Apr 28, 2011
  4. Joe Snodgrass

    Graham Hobbs Guest

    On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 09:44:48 -0400, Lew <> wrote:

    >On 04/28/2011 09:30 AM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
    >> On 4/28/2011 9:24 AM, Joe Snodgrass wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I'm looking for an html [sic] code beautifier. Would anybody know where I
    >>> can get such a thing? TIA.

    >> Try an html [sic] newsgroup.
    >>

    >Oh, come on. Help out a cross-posting brother who posts to every other group
    >*but* an HTML newsgroup:
    >
    >http://lmgtfy.com/?q=html code beautifier
    >
    >Also, the OP might wish to consider using one of the popular IDEs (Integrated
    >Development Environments) out there, such as emacs; they all know how to
    >"beautify" HTML. (Beauty is in your eye, beholder.)

    Hey Lew,
    That link was neat!
    Graham

    Graham Hobbs, Apr 28, 2011
  5. Joe Snodgrass

    Lew Guest

    Lew, Apr 28, 2011

    Try HTML-tidy, http://tidy.sourceforge.net/

    --
    martin@ | Martin Gregorie
    gregorie. | Essex, UK

    Martin Gregorie, Apr 28, 2011
  7. Joe Snodgrass

    Bill B Guest

    On 4/28/2011 9:24 AM, Joe Snodgrass wrote:

    > I'm looking for an html code beautifier. Would anybody know where I
    > can get such a thing? TIA.

    Notepad++ has a decent HTML Tidy tool. Has other good attributes also.

    Bill B

    Bill B, Apr 28, 2011
  8. In article
    <>,
    Joe Snodgrass <> wrote:

    > I'm looking for an html code beautifier. Would anybody know where I
    > can get such a thing? TIA.

    Ob Java, Arachnophilia:

    <http://www.arachnoid.com/arachnophilia/index.php>

    --
    John B. Matthews
    trashgod at gmail dot com

    John B. Matthews, Apr 28, 2011
  9. Joe Snodgrass

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 06:24:32 -0700 (PDT), Joe Snodgrass
    said :

    >I'm looking for an html code beautifier. Would anybody know where I
    >can get such a thing? TIA.

    I use a combination of tools:

    HTMLTidy which requires a lot of configuring. See
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/htmltidy.html

    HTMLTidy does a fair number of idiotic things to the code. I use a
    Funduc Search/replace script to clean up after it.

    Then I use Compactor to get rid of any excess blank space.
    see http://mindprod.com/products1.html#COMPACTOR

    I have my own tidier on the stack in a state of partial completion
    with several projects ahead of it.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com

    Roedy Green, Apr 28, 2011
  10. On 4/28/2011 9:44 AM, Lew wrote:
    > On 04/28/2011 09:30 AM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
    >> On 4/28/2011 9:24 AM, Joe Snodgrass wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I'm looking for an html [sic] code beautifier. Would anybody know
    >>> where I
    >>> can get such a thing? TIA.

    >> Try an html [sic] newsgroup.
    >>

    > Oh, come on. Help out a cross-posting brother who posts to every other
    > group *but* an HTML newsgroup:
    >
    > http://lmgtfy.com/?q=html code beautifier
    >
    > Also, the OP might wish to consider using one of the popular IDEs
    > (Integrated Development Environments) out there, such as emacs; they all
    > know how to "beautify" HTML. (Beauty is in your eye, beholder.)

    Yes, he posted everyplace but an appropriate newsgroup.

    However, anyone can google for an answer. But that seldom gets good
    recommendations - which he can get if he asks in the appropriate newsgroup.

    --
    ==================

    Jerry Stuckle, Apr 29, 2011
  11. Joe Snodgrass

    Twayne Guest

    In news:,
    Joe Snodgrass <> typed:
    > I'm looking for an html code beautifier. Would anybody
    > know where I can get such a thing? TIA.

    Find tidy.exe for HTML with a search engine

    Twayne, Apr 29, 2011
  12. Joe Snodgrass

    Graham Hobbs Guest

    On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 15:56:57 -0500, "Mr. B-o-B"
    <> wrote:

    >On 04/28/2011 12:51 PM, Bill B wrote:
    >> On 4/28/2011 9:24 AM, Joe Snodgrass wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I'm looking for an html code beautifier. Would anybody know where I
    >>> can get such a thing? TIA.

    >> Notepad++ has a decent HTML Tidy tool. Has other good attributes also.
    >>
    >> Bill B

    >+1 on notepad++. It's great. I use it for just about everything on
    >windows boxes

    Without me doing a lot of reading (am major busy), how does it compare
    to ISPF?

    Graham Hobbs, Apr 29, 2011
  13. 28.4.2011 16:30, Jerry Stuckle kirjoitti:
    > On 4/28/2011 9:24 AM, Joe Snodgrass wrote:
    >>
    >> I'm looking for an html code beautifier. Would anybody know where I
    >> can get such a thing? TIA.

    > Try an html newsgroup.

    Netbeans. I has good XML and HTML editing capabilities, with a formatter.

    --

    Excellent time to become a missing person.

    Donkey Hottie, Apr 29, 2011
  14. Joe Snodgrass

    Bill B Guest

    On 4/29/2011 10:30 AM, Graham Hobbs wrote:
    > On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 15:56:57 -0500, "Mr. B-o-B"
    > <> wrote:

    >>> Notepad++ has a decent HTML Tidy tool. Has other good attributes also.
    >>>
    >>> Bill B

    >> +1 on notepad++. It's great. I use it for just about everything on
    >> windows boxes

    > Without me doing a lot of reading (am major busy), how does it compare
    > to ISPF?

    Sorry, have not used it, cannot say.

    Bill B

    Bill B, Apr 30, 2011
  15. Joe Snodgrass

    Dmitry

    Joined:
    May 20, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    HTML Beautifier .Net is advanced and flexible solution for .Net applications to filter, clean up and modify HTML, XHTML, ASPX, XML documents at server-side. The component can be easily integrated into any type of .Net application, either ASP.Net websites, Console or Windows Forms applications, to replace, remove or change any HTML/ASPX/XML tags, attributes, CSS, scripts, comments, forms, everything what you want to change in HTML document on fly.

    Dmitry, May 20, 2011