I think I have found it, ⅜
is this a safe code though?

Oli Filth

T.J. said:
Hi.
What is the HTML code for 3/8ths using
charset=iso-8859-1?
I have tried ⅜ but no joy.

There's an easy way of doing this assuming you have Microsoft Word. Go
to Insert->Symbol, find the symbol you want and at the bottom the
Unicode hex value will be displayed.

I'm sure other word processors have a similar ability.

T.J.

Oli Filth said:

There's an easy way of doing this assuming you have Microsoft Word. Go to
Insert->Symbol, find the symbol you want and at the bottom the Unicode hex
value will be displayed.

I'm sure other word processors have a similar ability.

Thanks for the reply,
I also found another code just after posting, but are not sure
whether it is a safe code (will work on everyone's system)
Will the code you gave work on all browsers and systems?
Again, many thanks.

T.J.

Jukka K. Korpela said:
No. Although most fonts seem to contain it, see
http://www.cs.tut.fi/cgi-bin/run/~jkorpela/char.cgi?code=215C
the glyphs aren't very readable. In Arial Unicode MS, it's OK, but in
most other fonts the digits are too small.

It's better to use just 3/8. See also:
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/math/#fractions

Thank you,
I had since decided to just stick with 3/8,
especially as I need the page to be search engine friendly
and assume most people will use 3/8 when searching.