HTML code not working as expected

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Dave Kelly, Dec 25, 2007.

  1. Dave Kelly

    Dave Kelly Guest

    Dave Kelly, Dec 25, 2007

  2. Dave Kelly wrote:

    > Ok, got the wrap around fixed. Thanks.
    >
    > Now can someone tell me why both 'Ingredients' do not work the same?
    >
    > http://www.texasflyfishers.org/flytying/Receipe.html

    I don't know.
    Not 4.01 Strict (the choice for new pages).
    Tables for layout; use CSS columns instead.
    Nested tables with unnecessary multiple <tbody>s.
    HTML errors.
    CSS errors.
    Waay over-complicated markup.
    Try viewing it on a very wide screen.
    Please set your animated gif to stop after one rotation.

    Sorry, that's all I have time for; I'm busy playing with my new
    Christmas train set...

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 25, 2007

  3. On 2007-12-25, Dave Kelly wrote:

    > Now can someone tell me why both 'Ingredients' do not work the same?
    >
    > http://www.texasflyfishers.org/flytying/Receipe.html

    "Receipes"?? Do you mean "Recipes"?

    Add "</table><table>" after "<A HREF="Receipe.html#top">Return</A><hr>".

    Why are you using tables? They use mark-up which doesn't describe
    the structure, and they use more mark-up than positioning the
    elements with CSS, which makes the code harder to read (and
    probably contributed to making the problem harder to find).

    Why are you not using lists for your lists of ingredients?

    Why are you using a transitional doctype?

    Author:
    Chris F.A. Johnson, Dec 25, 2007
  4. Dave Kelly

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    "Chris F.A. Johnson" <> wrote:

    > On 2007-12-25, Dave Kelly wrote:
    > >
    > > Now can someone tell me why both 'Ingredients' do not work the same?
    > >
    > > http://www.texasflyfishers.org/flytying/Receipe.html

    > "Receipes"?? Do you mean "Recipes"?
    >
    > Add "</table><table>" after "<A HREF="Receipe.html#top">Return</A><hr>".
    >
    > Why are you using tables? They use mark-up which doesn't describe
    > the structure, and they use more mark-up than positioning the
    > elements with CSS, which makes the code harder to read (and
    > probably contributed to making the problem harder to find).
    >
    > Why are you not using lists for your lists of ingredients?
    >
    > Why are you using a transitional doctype?

    er... because he is the Texan Luigi?

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Dec 25, 2007