    except for the file upload.

    --
    Chris Davoli
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgRGF2b2xp?=, Sep 16, 2006

  2. Jeesh. Tell him to wake up and join the 21st century. Really, man.
    Peter
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    UnBlog:
    http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Sep 16, 2006

  3. Peter Bromberg [C# MVP] napisał(a):
    > Jeesh. Tell him to wake up and join the 21st century. Really, man.
    > Peter

    Web server controls are not always the best choice. If you want to take
    care of quality of your (x)html code (in terms of web standards) and
    build modern, cross-browser websites, you often must forget about some
    of web controls because they're generating ugly and old-fashioned
    markup. Especially in ASP.NET 1.1 that was a big problem. In that cases
    html server controls was good alternative because you had full control
    (almost) of the code you generate. Of course it requires some more
    knowledge and skills (properly use (x)html - to deliver content and not
    presentation, css to deliver presentational informatons and
    javascript(ecmascript) to add behaviors) than using web server controls,
    but its definitely good idea if we talk about modern, accessible and
    cross-browser websites.
    Html server controls have one more advantage - lower performance cost
    than most of server controls.
    So it's not so easy decision to get rid of html server controls and
    advance into 21th century:)

    --
    It was my opinion and i'm definitely agree with it:)
    PP
    Przemek Ptasznik, Sep 16, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgRGF2b2xp?=

    Jay Pondy Guest

    I was once an old school HTML instead of .Net but with VS2005 they have come a
    long, long way. There are just to many advantages to ignore the new controls. I
    don't event think about it anymore - the performance hit on most web pages is
    insignificant - use the new controls.

    Jay Pondy, Sep 16, 2006