HTML convert to XHTML

Discussion in 'Java' started by mike, Nov 17, 2004.

  1. mike

    mike Guest

    regards:

    From http://webpageworkshop.co.uk/main/xhtml_converting
    A HTML document can be converted to XHTML document.
    By the following Steps:

    Step 1: Convert elements to lowercase
    Step 2: Replace the !DOCTYPE declaration
    Step 3: Change the <html> tag
    Step 4: Make sure all elements are closed
    Step 5: Ensure all attributes are quoted
    Step 6: 'Un-minimize' minimized attributes
    Step 7: Make sure that every image has an 'alt' attribute
    Step 8: Check for 'overlapping' elements
    Step 9: Check 'type' attributes for script and style elements
    Step 10: Validate your code!

    Could I achieve the above 10 steps by using HTMLparer?
    Welcome to see your opinions.

    Or maybe I may try another api like JDOM?

    thank you
    May god be with you
    mike, Nov 17, 2004

  2. mike wrote:
    > regards:
    >
    > From http://webpageworkshop.co.uk/main/xhtml_converting
    > A HTML document can be converted to XHTML document.
    > By the following Steps:

    [...]
    > Or maybe I may try another api like JDOM?

    Sounds more like you want JTidy. Google for it.

    /Thomas
    Thomas Weidenfeller, Nov 17, 2004