HTML convert to XHTML

mike

regards:

From http://webpageworkshop.co.uk/main/xhtml_converting
A HTML document can be converted to XHTML document.
By the following Steps:

Step 1: Convert elements to lowercase
Step 2: Replace the !DOCTYPE declaration
Step 3: Change the <html> tag
Step 4: Make sure all elements are closed
Step 5: Ensure all attributes are quoted
Step 6: 'Un-minimize' minimized attributes
Step 7: Make sure that every image has an 'alt' attribute
Step 8: Check for 'overlapping' elements
Step 9: Check 'type' attributes for script and style elements
Step 10: Validate your code!

Could I achieve the above 10 steps by using HTMLparer?
Welcome to see your opinions.

Or maybe I may try another api like JDOM?

thank you
May god be with you