HTML data from a WinHTTP call to an ASPX page

Gaetan

I'm doing a prrof of concept to develop an application to run under WinPE. The application will use
WinHTTP to send requests to an ASPX file running IIS 6.0

My problem is that I do not know how to prevent IIS from returning the HTTP code of the ASPX page.

The client side use something like this to initiate the request:

set obj1 = createobject("WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1")
obj1.SetProxy HTTPREQUEST_PROXYSETTING_DIRECT
obj1.Open "GET", "http://192.168.5.12/poc/winhttp.aspx", vbfalse

And in IIS, the WinHTTP ASPX page has the following

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="winhttp.aspx.cs" Inherits="winhttp" %>

The C# code for now only has this;

public partial class winhttp : System.Web.UI.Page
Response.Clear();
Response.Write("Data from winhttp.aspx");

What I receive from the client end is this:

Data from winhttp.aspx

I want to prevent IIS from returning the HTML data of the ASPX page. Can this be done? How?

Regards,

Gaetan

Gaetan

I posted the original question because VS 2005 was producing the following error message when I
removed all the HTML tags;

Validation(): Element 'html' occurs too few times.

Since then, I found out that I can turning off validations under : Tools -> Options -> Text Editor
-> HTML -> Validation

Now, if only there were some sort of "#pragma" like feature in VS2005 to turn off validations on a
per file basis.