html drop down menus & adding an item to the a list.

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by clarket, Apr 25, 2005.

  1. clarket

    clarket Guest

    Hi,

    Is there any easy way of adding an item to a html list (or does this
    need to be done server side). What I want to do is have a list wirh
    about 10 items in it, if the item the user wants to select is not in
    the list then they click on a button and they get a new window with a
    list with 100s of items (taken from a database)and they select an item
    from this list. I want to close the window and then ammend there
    selection to the smaller list.

    I can do all of it apart from amending the selection to the smalled
    drop down list.

    Thanks,

    Tony.

    clarket, Apr 25, 2005

  2. clarket wrote:

    > Is there any easy way of adding an item to a html list (or does this
    > need to be done server side). What I want to do is have a list wirh
    > about 10 items in it, if the item the user wants to select is not in
    > the list then they click on a button and they get a new window with a
    > list with 100s of items (taken from a database)and they select an item
    > from this list. I want to close the window and then ammend there
    > selection to the smaller list.

    Here is an example (Firefox/Mozilla, MSIE 4+, Opera 7+):
    http://www.innoline-systemtechnik.de/dhgm/seladd_opener.html

    ciao, dhgm

    Dietmar Meier, Apr 25, 2005