html editor to use

Ronny

Hi,

I made webpages since 1995. Just with notepad. HTML and CSS files. So I have
alot of background knowledge on standard html etc. But nowadays, you need to
have things like correct doctypes etc.

How can I rework my pages to CORRECT standards?
I imagine myself starting to use a HTML editor that can load my pages and
takes me by the hand when cleaning it up step by step.

What programm(s) to use???

What is the all-over recommended editor for designing new pages???

Thx

Raymond SCHMIT

Hi,

I made webpages since 1995. Just with notepad. HTML and CSS files. So I have
alot of background knowledge on standard html etc. But nowadays, you need to
have things like correct doctypes etc.

How can I rework my pages to CORRECT standards?
I imagine myself starting to use a HTML editor that can load my pages and
takes me by the hand when cleaning it up step by step.

What programm(s) to use???

What is the all-over recommended editor for designing new pages???

Thx
Perhaps using this: http://validator.w3.org/
or this: http://www.totalvalidator.com/
For the second one, they have also a standalone version that you can
install on your pc.

dorayme

"Ronny said:
Hi,

I made webpages since 1995. Just with notepad. HTML and CSS files. So I have
alot of background knowledge on standard html etc. But nowadays, you need to
have things like correct doctypes etc.

How can I rework my pages to CORRECT standards?
I imagine myself starting to use a HTML editor that can load my pages and
takes me by the hand when cleaning it up step by step.

What programm(s) to use???

What is the all-over recommended editor for designing new pages???

What is your platform, to begin with?

Adrienne Boswell

Hi,

I made webpages since 1995. Just with notepad. HTML and CSS files. So
I have alot of background knowledge on standard html etc. But
nowadays, you need to have things like correct doctypes etc.

How can I rework my pages to CORRECT standards?
I imagine myself starting to use a HTML editor that can load my pages
and takes me by the hand when cleaning it up step by step.

What programm(s) to use???

What is the all-over recommended editor for designing new pages???

Thx

I like HTML-Kit [http://www.chami.com/html-kit/]. What I like:
1. Ability to save snippets and templates
2. Tons of plugins
3. Syntax coloring
4. Integrates with TopStyle Lite for CSS
5. Preview in program and/or browser
6. FTP within the program
7. HTML-Tidy
8. Text only so no bloat