    What programm(s) to use???

    What is the all-over recommended editor for designing new pages???

    Thx

    Ronny, Jun 19, 2008

  2. On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 20:51:31 +0200, "Ronny"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I made webpages since 1995. Just with notepad. HTML and CSS files. So I have
    >alot of background knowledge on standard html etc. But nowadays, you need to
    >have things like correct doctypes etc.
    >
    >How can I rework my pages to CORRECT standards?
    >I imagine myself starting to use a HTML editor that can load my pages and
    >takes me by the hand when cleaning it up step by step.
    >
    >What programm(s) to use???
    >
    >What is the all-over recommended editor for designing new pages???
    >
    >Thx

    Perhaps using this: http://validator.w3.org/
    or this: http://www.totalvalidator.com/
    For the second one, they have also a standalone version that you can
    install on your pc.

    Raymond SCHMIT, Jun 20, 2008

  3. Ronny

    dorayme Guest

    In article <b1c21$485aaabf$541e3344$1.nb.home.nl>,
    "Ronny" <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I made webpages since 1995. Just with notepad. HTML and CSS files. So I have
    > alot of background knowledge on standard html etc. But nowadays, you need to
    > have things like correct doctypes etc.
    >
    > How can I rework my pages to CORRECT standards?
    > I imagine myself starting to use a HTML editor that can load my pages and
    > takes me by the hand when cleaning it up step by step.
    >
    > What programm(s) to use???
    >
    > What is the all-over recommended editor for designing new pages???

    What is your platform, to begin with?

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jun 20, 2008
  4. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Ronny"
    <> writing in

    > Hi,
    >
    > I made webpages since 1995. Just with notepad. HTML and CSS files. So
    > I have alot of background knowledge on standard html etc. But
    > nowadays, you need to have things like correct doctypes etc.
    >
    > How can I rework my pages to CORRECT standards?
    > I imagine myself starting to use a HTML editor that can load my pages
    > and takes me by the hand when cleaning it up step by step.
    >
    > What programm(s) to use???
    >
    > What is the all-over recommended editor for designing new pages???
    >
    > Thx

    I like HTML-Kit [http://www.chami.com/html-kit/]. What I like:
    1. Ability to save snippets and templates
    2. Tons of plugins
    3. Syntax coloring
    4. Integrates with TopStyle Lite for CSS
    5. Preview in program and/or browser
    6. FTP within the program
    7. HTML-Tidy
    8. Text only so no bloat