HTML Editor w/ WYSIWYG & Manual Editing

Trish

I just had a bad experience using MS Word as an HTML editor. It
bloated more than 200% so I could barely recognize the essential
statements; and it introduced more than 14,000 errors. Also, although
it displayed fine in Firefox, it was unintelligible to IE. I spent
the day trying to reduce the errors to the point wherel HTML Tidy
could finish a pass without aborting. Finally I succeeded. No
errors. It displays fine in Firefox & IE.

BUT, my question is, what can I use for an editor now? I'd like to be
able to insert table rows and columns with the ease of MS Word, but I
want no errors and I want an HTML code that I can still modify
myself. What can you recommend?

Thanks a lot.

Trish

Jonathan N. Little

Trish said:
I just had a bad experience using MS Word as an HTML editor. It
bloated more than 200% so I could barely recognize the essential
statements; and it introduced more than 14,000 errors. Also, although
it displayed fine in Firefox, it was unintelligible to IE. I spent
the day trying to reduce the errors to the point wherel HTML Tidy
could finish a pass without aborting. Finally I succeeded. No
errors. It displays fine in Firefox & IE.

BUT, my question is, what can I use for an editor now? I'd like to be
able to insert table rows and columns with the ease of MS Word, but I
want no errors and I want an HTML code that I can still modify
myself. What can you recommend?

Thanks a lot.

Amazing how many folk who use Google to access Usenet never Google! Just
Google this group and your will find enough posts on the subject to keep
you reading for hours.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Thu, 19 Jul 2007 03:49:57 GMT
Blinky the Shark scribed:
GGer, Beau.

Shark-growling sounds a lot like gargling.

Jonathan N. Little

Beauregard said:
I knew that, of course. (Dialog tells me instantly by showing the
header line with a bright green background.)
Should be a bright *red* background.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Jonathan said:
Should be a bright *red* background.

I thought about that. "Danger, Will Robinson!" But then I acquiesced
and chose green, 'cause most of the Gropers surely *are* green. :)

Blinky the Shark

Beauregard said:
I thought about that. "Danger, Will Robinson!" But then I acquiesced
and chose green, 'cause most of the Gropers surely *are* green. :)

I'd say both approaches are valid. :)

Ciaran

Trish said:
I just had a bad experience using MS Word as an HTML editor. It
bloated more than 200% so I could barely recognize the essential
statements; and it introduced more than 14,000 errors. Also, although
it displayed fine in Firefox, it was unintelligible to IE. I spent
the day trying to reduce the errors to the point wherel HTML Tidy
could finish a pass without aborting. Finally I succeeded. No
errors. It displays fine in Firefox & IE.

BUT, my question is, what can I use for an editor now? I'd like to be
able to insert table rows and columns with the ease of MS Word, but I
want no errors and I want an HTML code that I can still modify
myself. What can you recommend?

Thanks a lot.

Trish

Use Frontpage or Dreamweaver. Word sucks a lot. Frontpage is only slightly
better. Dreamweaver is pretty good but it's pricey.
Ciarán

Robert Baer

Trish said:
I just had a bad experience using MS Word as an HTML editor. It
bloated more than 200% so I could barely recognize the essential
statements; and it introduced more than 14,000 errors. Also, although
it displayed fine in Firefox, it was unintelligible to IE. I spent
the day trying to reduce the errors to the point wherel HTML Tidy
could finish a pass without aborting. Finally I succeeded. No
errors. It displays fine in Firefox & IE.

BUT, my question is, what can I use for an editor now? I'd like to be
able to insert table rows and columns with the ease of MS Word, but I
want no errors and I want an HTML code that I can still modify
myself. What can you recommend?

Thanks a lot.

Trish
To begin with, as far as i am concerned, M$ Nerd is a POS not worthy
of co-mingling with poop in a septic tank.
M$ Nerd and Insanely F*kedup are *both* sold my Micro$uck, so what
the hell do you expect?
They are so big and care so little about quality or their custoners,
that you will never see any product from them that works properly, much
less "knows" much about any one of their other products.
"Bloated more than 200%" is typical; i have seen worse.
"14,000 errors"? you lucky dog that ther were so few.

You want HTML code that you can modify?
Use a *dumb* test editor!
Or one of the Netscape Composers (or similar); crappy but infinitely
better than Nerd.

Robert Baer

Ciaran said:
Use Frontpage or Dreamweaver. Word sucks a lot. Frontpage is only slightly
better. Dreamweaver is pretty good but it's pricey.
Ciarán
Frontpage "slightly" better?
Not by a hell of a lot by any means; still sh*t from M$.