    myself. What can you recommend?

    Thanks a lot.

    Trish

    Trish, Jul 19, 2007

  2. Trish wrote:
    > I just had a bad experience using MS Word as an HTML editor. It
    > bloated more than 200% so I could barely recognize the essential
    > statements; and it introduced more than 14,000 errors. Also, although
    > it displayed fine in Firefox, it was unintelligible to IE. I spent
    > the day trying to reduce the errors to the point wherel HTML Tidy
    > could finish a pass without aborting. Finally I succeeded. No
    > errors. It displays fine in Firefox & IE.
    >
    > BUT, my question is, what can I use for an editor now? I'd like to be
    > able to insert table rows and columns with the ease of MS Word, but I
    > want no errors and I want an HTML code that I can still modify
    > myself. What can you recommend?
    >
    > Thanks a lot.

    Amazing how many folk who use Google to access Usenet never Google! Just
    Google this group and your will find enough posts on the subject to keep
    you reading for hours.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Jul 19, 2007

  3. Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 19, 2007
  4. Blinky the Shark, Jul 19, 2007
  5. Trish

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Thu, 19 Jul 2007 03:49:57 GMT
    Blinky the Shark scribed:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Trish wrote:
    >>
    >>> I just had a

    >> multi-posting. Please don't do that; cross-post if necessary. See:
    >> http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/unice.htm#xpost

    > GGer, Beau.

    Shark-growling sounds a lot like gargling.

    --
    Neredbojias
    A self-made man who worships his creator

    Neredbojias, Jul 19, 2007
  6. Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Trish wrote:
    >>> I just had a

    >> multi-posting. Please don't do that; cross-post if necessary. See:
    >> http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/unice.htm#xpost

    > GGer, Beau.

    I knew that, of course. (Dialog tells me instantly by showing the
    header line with a bright green background.)

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 19, 2007
  7. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>> multi-posting. Please don't do that; cross-post if necessary. See:
    >>> http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/unice.htm#xpost

    >> GGer, Beau.

    > I knew that, of course. (Dialog tells me instantly by showing the
    > header line with a bright green background.)

    Should be a bright *red* background.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Jul 19, 2007
  8. Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >>> GGer, Beau.

    >> I knew that, of course. (Dialog tells me instantly by showing the
    >> header line with a bright green background.)
    >>

    > Should be a bright *red* background.

    I thought about that. "Danger, Will Robinson!" But then I acquiesced
    and chose green, 'cause most of the Gropers surely *are* green. :)

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 19, 2007
  9. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I knew that, of course. (Dialog tells me instantly by showing the
    >>> header line with a bright green background.)
    >>>

    >> Should be a bright *red* background.

    > I thought about that. "Danger, Will Robinson!" But then I acquiesced
    > and chose green, 'cause most of the Gropers surely *are* green. :)

    I'd say both approaches are valid. :)

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 19, 2007
  10. Trish

    Ciaran Guest

    "Trish" <> wrote in message
    >I just had a bad experience using MS Word as an HTML editor. It
    > bloated more than 200% so I could barely recognize the essential
    > statements; and it introduced more than 14,000 errors. Also, although
    > it displayed fine in Firefox, it was unintelligible to IE. I spent
    > the day trying to reduce the errors to the point wherel HTML Tidy
    > could finish a pass without aborting. Finally I succeeded. No
    > errors. It displays fine in Firefox & IE.
    >
    > BUT, my question is, what can I use for an editor now? I'd like to be
    > able to insert table rows and columns with the ease of MS Word, but I
    > want no errors and I want an HTML code that I can still modify
    > myself. What can you recommend?
    >
    > Thanks a lot.
    >
    > Trish

    Use Frontpage or Dreamweaver. Word sucks a lot. Frontpage is only slightly
    better. Dreamweaver is pretty good but it's pricey.
    Ciarán

    Ciaran, Jul 20, 2007
  11. Trish

    Robert Baer Guest

    Trish wrote:
    > I just had a bad experience using MS Word as an HTML editor. It
    > bloated more than 200% so I could barely recognize the essential
    > statements; and it introduced more than 14,000 errors. Also, although
    > it displayed fine in Firefox, it was unintelligible to IE. I spent
    > the day trying to reduce the errors to the point wherel HTML Tidy
    > could finish a pass without aborting. Finally I succeeded. No
    > errors. It displays fine in Firefox & IE.
    >
    > BUT, my question is, what can I use for an editor now? I'd like to be
    > able to insert table rows and columns with the ease of MS Word, but I
    > want no errors and I want an HTML code that I can still modify
    > myself. What can you recommend?
    >
    > Thanks a lot.
    >
    > Trish

    To begin with, as far as i am concerned, M$ Nerd is a POS not worthy
    of co-mingling with poop in a septic tank.
    M$ Nerd and Insanely F*kedup are *both* sold my Micro$uck, so what
    the hell do you expect?
    They are so big and care so little about quality or their custoners,
    that you will never see any product from them that works properly, much
    less "knows" much about any one of their other products.
    "Bloated more than 200%" is typical; i have seen worse.
    "14,000 errors"? you lucky dog that ther were so few.

    You want HTML code that you can modify?
    Use a *dumb* test editor!
    Or one of the Netscape Composers (or similar); crappy but infinitely
    better than Nerd.

    Robert Baer, Jul 23, 2007
  12. Trish

    Robert Baer Guest

    Ciaran wrote:

    > "Trish" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I just had a bad experience using MS Word as an HTML editor. It
    >>bloated more than 200% so I could barely recognize the essential
    >>statements; and it introduced more than 14,000 errors. Also, although
    >>it displayed fine in Firefox, it was unintelligible to IE. I spent
    >>the day trying to reduce the errors to the point wherel HTML Tidy
    >>could finish a pass without aborting. Finally I succeeded. No
    >>errors. It displays fine in Firefox & IE.
    >>
    >>BUT, my question is, what can I use for an editor now? I'd like to be
    >>able to insert table rows and columns with the ease of MS Word, but I
    >>want no errors and I want an HTML code that I can still modify
    >>myself. What can you recommend?
    >>
    >>Thanks a lot.
    >>
    >>Trish
    >>

    > Use Frontpage or Dreamweaver. Word sucks a lot. Frontpage is only slightly
    > better. Dreamweaver is pretty good but it's pricey.
    > Ciarán

    Frontpage "slightly" better?
    Not by a hell of a lot by any means; still sh*t from M$.

    Robert Baer, Jul 23, 2007
  13. Robert Baer wrote:

    > Use a *dumb* test editor!

    Yup, I use a test editor myself.

    What do you use to compose web pages, Robert?

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 23, 2007
  14. Trish

    Robert Baer Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Robert Baer wrote:
    >

    >>Use a *dumb* test editor!

    > Yup, I use a test editor myself.
    >
    > What do you use to compose web pages, Robert?

    I use KEDIT most of the time.

    Robert Baer, Jul 23, 2007
  15. Robert Baer wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Robert Baer wrote:
    >>> Use a *dumb* test editor!

    >> Yup, I use a test editor myself.
    >>
    >> What do you use to compose web pages, Robert?

    > I use KEDIT most of the time.

    Try Crimson Editor...
    http://crimsoneditor.com/

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 23, 2007
  16. Trish

    Glenn S. Guest

    Trish wrote:
    >> I just had a bad experience using MS Word as an HTML editor. It
    >> bloated more than 200% so I could barely recognize the essential
    >> statements; and it introduced more than 14,000 errors. Also, although
    >> it displayed fine in Firefox, it was unintelligible to IE. I spent
    >> the day trying to reduce the errors to the point wherel HTML Tidy
    >> could finish a pass without aborting. Finally I succeeded. No
    >> errors. It displays fine in Firefox & IE.
    >>
    >> BUT, my question is, what can I use for an editor now? I'd like to be
    >> able to insert table rows and columns with the ease of MS Word, but I
    >> want no errors and I want an HTML code that I can still modify
    >> myself. What can you recommend?
    >>
    >> Thanks a lot.
    >> Trish

    AOL Press is an oldie but a goodie.

    http://www.daviestrek.com/software/aolpress/

    Glenn S., Jul 23, 2007
  17. Trish

    biff Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Robert Baer wrote:
    >
    >> Use a *dumb* test editor!

    > Yup, I use a test editor myself.
    >
    > What do you use to compose web pages, Robert?

    $10 says it ain't nothing by Microsoft

    biff

    biff, Jul 23, 2007
  18. Jonathan N. Little, Jul 23, 2007
  19. Trish

    Glenn S. Guest

    "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote in alt.html...

    >Glenn S. wrote:
    >
    >> AOL Press is an oldie but a goodie.
    >>
    >> http://www.daviestrek.com/software/aolpress/
    >>

    >Not if you used it to create that page as a sample of its output.

    I didn't create that page. Don't care who did.

    Glenn S., Jul 23, 2007