    Hi,
    whats the best html editor around.?

    snip
    snip, Nov 20, 2003

  2. snip

    John W. Guest

    snip <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >whats the best html editor around.?

    GreyMatterPro.

    John OO
    --
    <http://webcel.nl/> webshopsoftware + more

    "Time is what prevents everything from happening at once"
    - John Archibald Wheeler -
    John W., Nov 20, 2003

  3. "snip" asked:
    > whats the best html editor around.?

    I still use Arachnophilia 4.0 (never liked the 5.0) and / or 1stPage2000,
    both are for free.
    Felix Atagong, Nov 20, 2003
  4. "snip" <> schreef in bericht
    > Hi,
    > whats the best html editor around.?
    >
    > snip

    Notepad works for me.

    Regards,
    Samuël
    Samuël van Laere, Nov 20, 2003
  5. snip

    Richard Guest

    snip! wrote:

    > Hi,
    > whats the best html editor around.?

    > snip

    www.acehtml.com
    includes many javascript items.

    www.stoneware.dk
    Site is in Danish but there is an English link in the upper right corner.
    This has a library of tags and attributes for html, css and javascript.
    Working window toggles between text and actual view.

    Best is in the eye of the beholder.
    Knowing how to use it is more important.
    Richard, Nov 20, 2003
  6. snip

    Sjeef Guest

    snip wrote:
    > Hi,
    > whats the best html editor around.?
    >
    > snip

    The best is yet to come.
    But HTML-kit is really good.
    www.chami.com/
    Lots of plugins, and newsgroups.

    --
    Gerard Schaefers
    Sjeef, Nov 20, 2003
  7. snip

    picayunish Guest

    picayunish, Nov 20, 2003
  8. snip wrote:

    > Hi,
    > whats the best html editor around.?
    >
    > snip

    Emacs.
    Owen Jacobson, Nov 20, 2003
  9. "snip" <> schreef in bericht
    > Hi,
    > whats the best html editor around.?
    >
    > snip

    Also take a look at PHP Coder Pro, it supports HTML and PHP syntax high
    lighting and its free.
    http://www.phpide.de/

    With regards,
    Samuël van Laere
    Samuël van Laere, Nov 20, 2003
  10. snip wrote:
    > whats the best html editor around.?

    A human brain, with some training. I like JEdit, Emacs, and Vim for entering
    the code.

    --
    David Dorward http://dorward.me.uk/
    David Dorward, Nov 20, 2003
  11. snip

    Richard Guest

    Samuël! wrote:

    > "snip" <> schreef in bericht
    >> Hi,
    >> whats the best html editor around.?
    >>
    >> snip
    >>

    > Also take a look at PHP Coder Pro, it supports HTML and PHP syntax high
    > lighting and its free.
    > http://www.phpide.de/

    Another new toy to play with. Does this require a server thing installed
    locally like phpdev does or does this show the page as a regular html editor
    does?
    From what I read and understood off the website, it's all inclusive?
    No need to upload and test before publishing?

    Richard, Nov 20, 2003
  12. snip

    jake Guest

    In message <>, snip
    <> writes
    >Hi,
    >whats the best html editor around.?
    >
    >snip

    Notepad or vi seem to work well.

    --
    Jake
    jake, Nov 20, 2003
  13. "Richard" <anonymous@127.000> schreef in bericht

    > Another new toy to play with. Does this require a server thing installed
    > locally like phpdev does or does this show the page as a regular html

    editor
    > does?
    > From what I read and understood off the website, it's all inclusive?
    > No need to upload and test before publishing?

    If you like to test what your wrote then yes it requires either phpdev,
    or a server where you can test it.
    One can run and output to a file directly, though i didn't test that
    feature.

    Regards,
    Samuël
    Samuël van Laere, Nov 21, 2003
  14. snip

    Kevin Scholl Guest

    snip wrote:

    > Hi,
    > whats the best html editor around.?

    Whatever works best for you, and helps make you proficient.

    Kevin Scholl http://www.ksscholl.com/

    Information Architecture, Web Design and Development
    We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of
    the dreams...
    Kevin Scholl, Nov 21, 2003
  15. snip

    snip Guest

    On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 16:04:46 +0000, snip <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >whats the best html editor around.?
    >
    >snip

    Thanks for the input, I'm just starting out and needed a concensus.
    I found HTML-Kit and it seemed a bit freeware-y

    I'll stick and persevere a bit longer
    snip, Nov 21, 2003
  16. snip wrote:
    > On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 16:04:46 +0000, snip <> wrote:
    >

    >>Hi,
    >>whats the best html editor around.?
    >>
    >>snip

    > Thanks for the input, I'm just starting out and needed a concensus.
    > I found HTML-Kit and it seemed a bit freeware-y
    >
    > I'll stick and persevere a bit longer

    Hi,

    I prefer a text editor over wysiwyg. Notepad is OK but I really like
    NoteTab. There is a free version of it but the Pro version is
    inexpensive and adds URL and HTML highlighting and a host of other
    functions. I use it constantly.

    There is a comparison chart of the various versions at

    http://www.notetab.com/chart.php

    HTH. (PS - I'm not affiliated with Fookes Software in any way, just a
    very satisfied customer/user)

    Mike

    -=-=-
    An optimist is a person who sees a green light everywhere, while a
    pessimist sees only the red stoplight... The truly wise person is
    color-blind.
    -Albert Schweitzer, philosopher, physician, musician, Nobellaureate
    (1875-1965)
    Mike Albrecht, Nov 21, 2003
  17. snip

    Isofarro Guest

    Isofarro, Nov 21, 2003
  18. snip

    Steven Guest

    "Felix Atagong" <> schreef in bericht
    > "snip" asked:
    > > whats the best html editor around.?

    > I still use Arachnophilia 4.0 (never liked the 5.0) and / or 1stPage2000,
    > both are for free.

    Many moons ago I had a look at 1stPage 2000, but I moved to HomeSite.
    EvrSoft has been announcing a new version for ages (it almost reminds me of
    the infamous SiliconFilm story). As I gather from the name, this is still
    the old version, right?
    Steven, Nov 22, 2003
  19. snip

    snip Guest

    On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 17:12:06 GMT, "Steven" <>
    wrote:

    >"Felix Atagong" <> schreef in bericht
    >> "snip" asked:
    >> > whats the best html editor around.?

    >> I still use Arachnophilia 4.0 (never liked the 5.0) and / or 1stPage2000,
    >> both are for free.
    >>

    >Many moons ago I had a look at 1stPage 2000, but I moved to HomeSite.
    >EvrSoft has been announcing a new version for ages (it almost reminds me of
    >the infamous SiliconFilm story). As I gather from the name, this is still
    >the old version, right?

    Thanks guys,
    Next question,
    What software do I use to emulate fully a remote website
    to test my pages.?

    many thanx

    snip
    snip, Nov 22, 2003
  20. snip wrote:
    > What software do I use to emulate fully a remote website
    > to test my pages.?

    A web server. The most popular (and generall regarded as best) is Apache.

    However, for testing purposes, someone new to running a web server may
    find Xitami a bit easier to use. It is the server I started out on.

    Both of these can be downloaded for free. Google for "Apache" or "Xitami".

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby A Inkster, Nov 22, 2003