HTML editor

Richard

snip! said:
Hi,
whats the best html editor around.?

www.acehtml.com
includes many javascript items.

www.stoneware.dk
Site is in Danish but there is an English link in the upper right corner.
This has a library of tags and attributes for html, css and javascript.
Working window toggles between text and actual view.

Best is in the eye of the beholder.
Knowing how to use it is more important.

Richard

Also take a look at PHP Coder Pro, it supports HTML and PHP syntax high
lighting and its free.
http://www.phpide.de/

Another new toy to play with. Does this require a server thing installed
locally like phpdev does or does this show the page as a regular html editor
does?
From what I read and understood off the website, it's all inclusive?
No need to upload and test before publishing?

Samuël van Laere

Richard said:
Another new toy to play with. Does this require a server thing installed
locally like phpdev does or does this show the page as a regular html editor
does?
From what I read and understood off the website, it's all inclusive?
No need to upload and test before publishing?

If you like to test what your wrote then yes it requires either phpdev,
or a server where you can test it.
One can run and output to a file directly, though i didn't test that
feature.

Regards,
Samuël

Kevin Scholl

snip said:
Hi,
whats the best html editor around.?

Whatever works best for you, and helps make you proficient.

Kevin Scholl http://www.ksscholl.com/
(e-mail address removed)

snip

Hi,
whats the best html editor around.?

snip

Thanks for the input, I'm just starting out and needed a concensus.
I found HTML-Kit and it seemed a bit freeware-y

I'll stick and persevere a bit longer

Mike Albrecht

snip said:
Thanks for the input, I'm just starting out and needed a concensus.
I found HTML-Kit and it seemed a bit freeware-y

I'll stick and persevere a bit longer
Hi,

I prefer a text editor over wysiwyg. Notepad is OK but I really like
NoteTab. There is a free version of it but the Pro version is
inexpensive and adds URL and HTML highlighting and a host of other
functions. I use it constantly.

There is a comparison chart of the various versions at

http://www.notetab.com/chart.php

HTH. (PS - I'm not affiliated with Fookes Software in any way, just a
very satisfied customer/user)

Mike

-=-=-
An optimist is a person who sees a green light everywhere, while a
pessimist sees only the red stoplight... The truly wise person is
color-blind.
-Albert Schweitzer, philosopher, physician, musician, Nobellaureate
(1875-1965)

Steven

Felix Atagong said:
"snip" asked:

I still use Arachnophilia 4.0 (never liked the 5.0) and / or 1stPage2000,
both are for free.

Many moons ago I had a look at 1stPage 2000, but I moved to HomeSite.
EvrSoft has been announcing a new version for ages (it almost reminds me of
the infamous SiliconFilm story). As I gather from the name, this is still
the old version, right?

snip

Many moons ago I had a look at 1stPage 2000, but I moved to HomeSite.
EvrSoft has been announcing a new version for ages (it almost reminds me of
the infamous SiliconFilm story). As I gather from the name, this is still
the old version, right?

Thanks guys,
Next question,
What software do I use to emulate fully a remote website
to test my pages.?

many thanx

snip

Toby A Inkster

snip said:
What software do I use to emulate fully a remote website
to test my pages.?

A web server. The most popular (and generall regarded as best) is Apache.

However, for testing purposes, someone new to running a web server may
find Xitami a bit easier to use. It is the server I started out on.

Both of these can be downloaded for free. Google for "Apache" or "Xitami".