html editors

Roy Schestowitz

I use KWrite and KEdit, but I'd recommend NEdit (which I haven't got
installed here).

KEdit is good because of spellchecker integration

KWrite is extremely powerful and reliable

I wish I could use NEdit more often because of the ability to select
rectagular regions of text and because of the many customisation options
offered.
State your OS please. My personal favorite is Emacs with the PSGML
mode. It can be a bit daunting to set up, but there is a good guide
here:

http://www.mhoenicka.de/software/sgml/tutorial/cygbook1.html

and here:

http://www.dzr-web.com/people/darren/projects/emacs-webdev/

EMacs involves a learning curve. I would not recommend it to someone who is
new to editors. Vim likewise.

No music?

Roy

Leif K-Brooks

Jane said:
I was thinking about downloading a html editor.

Which is the best one to use?

I use GVim and jEdit. jEdit is useful for working on a project with lots
of files (thanks to the ability to have multiple files open in one
window), but it's also nice to be able to type "gvim ~/foo" and get a
window open near-instantly to do a bit of quick editing.