    Jane Guest

    I was thinking about downloading a html editor.

    Which is the best one to use?
    Jane, Jun 20, 2005

  2. Thomas Jespersen, Jun 20, 2005

  3. Jane wrote:

    > I was thinking about downloading a html editor.
    >
    > Which is the best one to use?

    http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?HTML_editors

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
    David Dorward, Jun 20, 2005
  4. On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 20:45:28 +0200, Thomas Jespersen
    <> wrote:

    I might add that the last few days I have been looking at eclipse
    which looks very promising, especially if you do a lot of serverside
    programming as well:

    http://www.eclipse.org/

    PHPEclipse:

    http://www.phpeclipse.de/

    --
    Now playing:
    Autechre - Bike
    Thomas Jespersen, Jun 20, 2005
  5. Jane

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Toby Inkster, Jun 20, 2005
  6. Thomas Jespersen wrote:

    > On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:42:15 +0100, "Jane" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Which is the best one to use?

    I use KWrite and KEdit, but I'd recommend NEdit (which I haven't got
    installed here).

    KEdit is good because of spellchecker integration

    KWrite is extremely powerful and reliable

    I wish I could use NEdit more often because of the ability to select
    rectagular regions of text and because of the many customisation options
    offered.

    > State your OS please. My personal favorite is Emacs with the PSGML
    > mode. It can be a bit daunting to set up, but there is a good guide
    > here:
    >
    > http://www.mhoenicka.de/software/sgml/tutorial/cygbook1.html
    >
    > and here:
    >
    > http://www.dzr-web.com/people/darren/projects/emacs-webdev/

    EMacs involves a learning curve. I would not recommend it to someone who is
    new to editors. Vim likewise.

    > --
    > Now playing:

    No music?

    Roy
    Roy Schestowitz, Jun 21, 2005
  7. Jane wrote:
    > I was thinking about downloading a html editor.
    >
    > Which is the best one to use?

    I use GVim and jEdit. jEdit is useful for working on a project with lots
    of files (thanks to the ability to have multiple files open in one
    window), but it's also nice to be able to type "gvim ~/foo" and get a
    window open near-instantly to do a bit of quick editing.
    Leif K-Brooks, Jun 21, 2005