HTML Email Form - PLEASE HELP!!!

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Jan, May 22, 2006.

  1. Jan

    Jan Guest

    Hello guys! I've been trying to set a simple email form for my web
    site www.ambercleaningservice.com and so far with no luck. I need
    something similar to this (as an example)
    http://real-investments.com/form.html. I'm not a html expert, so I
    will need a basic guidance. Can someone please help me?

    Here are my server settings:

    Domain name ambercleaningservice.com
    WWW directory /home/ambercl/public_html
    Root directory /home/ambercl
    Path to PERL: /usr/bin/perl
    Path to sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
    Apache version 1.3.34 (Unix)
    MySQL version 4.0.25-standard
    PHP version 4.3.11
    PERL version 5.8.7

    Thank you for all your help and time.
    Jan
    Jan, May 22, 2006

  2. Jan

    PW Guest

    "Jan" <> wrote in message
    > Hello guys! I've been trying to set a simple email form for my web
    > site www.ambercleaningservice.com and so far with no luck. I need
    > something similar to this (as an example)
    > http://real-investments.com/form.html. I'm not a html expert, so I
    > will need a basic guidance. Can someone please help me?
    >
    > Here are my server settings:
    >
    > Domain name ambercleaningservice.com
    > WWW directory /home/ambercl/public_html
    > Root directory /home/ambercl
    > Path to PERL: /usr/bin/perl
    > Path to sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
    > Apache version 1.3.34 (Unix)
    > MySQL version 4.0.25-standard
    > PHP version 4.3.11
    > PERL version 5.8.7
    >
    > Thank you for all your help and time.
    > Jan

    Have a look at mine. Go to www.usaus.org and click on the "Get Info" link,
    then view source.
    PW, May 22, 2006

  3. Jan

    Jan Guest

    Thank you, but that's not what I'm looking for? I do know how to make a
    simple email form but I don't know how to "connect" it with my server
    so it will work when somene clicks on SUBMIT button.
    Jan
    Jan, May 22, 2006
  4. Jan wrote:
    > Hello guys! I've been trying to set a simple email form for my web
    > site www.ambercleaningservice.com and so far with no luck. I need
    > something similar to this (as an example)
    > http://real-investments.com/form.html. I'm not a html expert, so I
    > will need a basic guidance. Can someone please help me?
    >
    > Here are my server settings:
    >
    > Domain name ambercleaningservice.com
    > WWW directory /home/ambercl/public_html
    > Root directory /home/ambercl
    > Path to PERL: /usr/bin/perl
    > Path to sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
    > Apache version 1.3.34 (Unix)
    > MySQL version 4.0.25-standard
    > PHP version 4.3.11
    > PERL version 5.8.7
    >
    > Thank you for all your help and time.

    Don't know what your problem is but this is a very, very, very bad idea
    to put in your form

    <input type="hidden" name="recipient" value="[destination@email]">

    set the destination email in the server-side script "formail.pl" where
    is cannot be viewed or hacked!!

    Most likely the problem is in your formail.pl, without the code cannot
    advise...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan