    </embed>

    Any suggestions?

    TIA.

    TC, Nov 18, 2003

  2. TC

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <Twrub.6084$>,
    says...
    > I use an Embed tag, which works, i.e. my sound file is played, but I
    > can't get the Quicktime console to display. All I see is a white
    > rectangle. This is the tag:
    >
    > <embed src="file:///C:/personal software and data/Tammy/wav/Kenny
    > Chesney-Xmas For Tammy's Home Page.wav"
    > hidden=false autostart=true loop=true controls=console align=absmiddle
    > height=60 width=144>
    > </embed>

    Didn't Netscape 7.1 learn how to correctly use the Object tag so you
    don't need embed?

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Nov 18, 2003

  3. TC wrote:
    > I use an Embed tag, which works, i.e. my sound file is played, but I
    > can't get the Quicktime console to display. All I see is a white
    > rectangle. This is the tag:
    >
    > <embed src="file:///C:/personal software and data/Tammy/wav/Kenny
    > Chesney-Xmas For Tammy's Home Page.wav"
    > hidden=false autostart=true loop=true controls=console align=absmiddle
    > height=60 width=144>
    > </embed>
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > TIA.

    I think it has something to do with the fact that Netscape was designed for
    web browsing, and not file browsing. I am not sure if it understands the
    "file:" protocol.

    Try puting the file on your web server, and pointing to it from there.

    Disco Octopus, Nov 18, 2003
  4. TC

    Bagman Guest

    On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 16:11:31 GMT, TC <> wrote:

    > I use an Embed tag, which works, i.e. my sound file is played, but I
    > can't get the Quicktime console to display. All I see is a white
    > rectangle. This is the tag:
    >
    > <embed src="file:///C:/personal software and data/Tammy/wav/Kenny
    > Chesney-Xmas For Tammy's Home Page.wav"
    > hidden=false autostart=true loop=true controls=console align=absmiddle
    > height=60 width=144>
    > </embed>
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > TIA.

    I found an article in Netscape dev... can't remember url
    so attatched is entire text.

    --
    Bagman
    ___