    e.g.) and other entities are not displayed. Is there a possibility to
    render these entities? Thanks in advance.

    Lothar Leidner

    Lothar Leidner, Jun 17, 2004

  2. On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 12:32:58 +0200, Lothar Leidner wrote:

    > I've tried to read and display a html file

    What HTML file? Is it valid?
    What's the URL?

    >..in a JEditorPane.

    What JEditorPane?

    >..Normal
    > text is shown, even some CSS formatting, but Greek characters (Δ
    > e.g.) and other entities are not displayed. Is there a possibility to
    > render these entities?

    Not enough information.
    <http://www.physci.org/codes/sscce.jsp>

    [ Someone may happen along with a
    definitive answer in a few moments,
    but that is my suggestion.. ]

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, Jun 17, 2004

  3. Lothar Leidner wrote:
    > I've tried to read and display a html file in a JEditorPane. Normal
    > text is shown, even some CSS formatting, but Greek characters (&Delta;
    > e.g.) and other entities are not displayed. Is there a possibility to
    > render these entities? Thanks in advance.

    Check a decent HTML reference. Java supports HTML 3.2 (to some arguable
    extend), while named Greek entities were add in HTML 4.0. Try to use
    unicode characters directly (not number entities, really the character).

    /Thomas

    Thomas Weidenfeller, Jun 17, 2004
  4. On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 16:09:14 +0200, Thomas Weidenfeller
    <> wrote:

    >extend), while named Greek entities were add in HTML 4.0. Try to use

    Thank you very much for your hint. I didn't know that Greek entities
    aren't supproted in HTML version 3.2. Now I use rtf format instead of
    html, ant this works.

    Regards,

    Lothar Leidner

    Lothar Leidner, Jun 18, 2004