html entities in JEditorPane

Lothar Leidner

Hi,

I've tried to read and display a html file in a JEditorPane. Normal
text is shown, even some CSS formatting, but Greek characters (Δ
e.g.) and other entities are not displayed. Is there a possibility to
render these entities? Thanks in advance.

Lothar Leidner

Andrew Thompson

I've tried to read and display a html file

What HTML file? Is it valid?
What's the URL?
..in a JEditorPane.

What JEditorPane?
..Normal
text is shown, even some CSS formatting, but Greek characters (Δ
e.g.) and other entities are not displayed. Is there a possibility to
render these entities?

Not enough information.
<http://www.physci.org/codes/sscce.jsp>

[ Someone may happen along with a
definitive answer in a few moments,
but that is my suggestion.. ]

Thomas Weidenfeller

Lothar said:
I've tried to read and display a html file in a JEditorPane. Normal
text is shown, even some CSS formatting, but Greek characters (&Delta;
e.g.) and other entities are not displayed. Is there a possibility to
render these entities? Thanks in advance.

Check a decent HTML reference. Java supports HTML 3.2 (to some arguable
extend), while named Greek entities were add in HTML 4.0. Try to use
unicode characters directly (not number entities, really the character).

/Thomas

Lothar Leidner

extend), while named Greek entities were add in HTML 4.0. Try to use

Thank you very much for your hint. I didn't know that Greek entities
aren't supproted in HTML version 3.2. Now I use rtf format instead of
html, ant this works.

Regards,

Lothar Leidner