Html files and jpg files

Nico Schuyt

Luigi said:
How important is that the size of a jpg file is not very large if
this file is not on a html page?
You may have a look at
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/havet-sicilien.html
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/bilder/tartabig.jpg
to understand what I mean

I'm not sure I understand :)
If the picture is not on a html page there's no navigation so why should you
do that?
If the size is very large, the size is adjusted to the size of the window in
IE
BTW the quality of your pictures is much better now! (But the layout still
doesn't give me that warm and fuzzy feeling :)
Regards, Nico

Luigi Donatello Asero

Nico Schuyt said:
I'm not sure I understand :)
If the picture is not on a html page there's no navigation so why should you
do that?
If the size is very large, the size is adjusted to the size of the window in
IE
BTW the quality of your pictures is much better now! (But the layout still
doesn't give me that warm and fuzzy feeling :)
Regards, Nico

You click on a link on the page
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/havet-sicilien.html
in case you want to see a photo which is as large as the screen and may-be
print it.
What do you mean about the layout? I guess that it is formally correct but
may-be that you mean that you do not like the colours?
What about the menu?

Luigi Donatello Asero

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
window

You click on a link on the page
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/havet-sicilien.html
in case you want to see a photo which is as large as the screen and may-be
print it.

Well, that was the same as you meant before by claiming that the size is
adjusted to the size of the window
in IE. Actually, it is not as large as the screen as I wrote but almost,
Your definition was better.
The ones who are satisfied with the size on the html page
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/havet-sicilien.html
do not need to click to see another but they cannot print the picture in
this case, I suppose.

Frogleg

How important is that the size of a jpg file is not very large if this file
is not on a html page?
You may have a look at
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/havet-sicilien.html
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/bilder/tartabig.jpg
to understand what I mean

If you want people to look at the pictures, and *don't* want to annoy
them, even a larger image shouldn't be *too* large.

I have a dialup connection and 17" (hah!) monitor at 800x600. Your big
picture took noticable time to load, and displays with both vertical
and horizontal scrollbars. That is, I can't actually see the whole
thing. Unless excruciating detail is *very* important, and presented
for a specific purpose, I'd scale down that photo to around 600x400
(as IE6 sweetly does) to both load faster and be seen on the most
common lower screen resolution.