HTML for Disabled People?

Whitecrest

say-no-to- said:
Hehe. You're a comedian.

Please explain how being 100% accessible would help
www.cartoonnetwork.com or www.nick.com or just about any other
entertainment sight.

It won't. They exist as a form of entertainment. The entertainment IS
the content. They can not be duplicated using any current accessible
format. They are not meant for the blind, and in many cases not intended
for anyone without broadband. And there are millions of sites out there
that can fall into this category.

And here is a clue, it is ok for them to exist.

There is more to the web than you seem to want to recognize.

Whitecrest

Until now, you have just been trying to distribute disinformation under
a false name and forged address, and making noises.
Thank you for all your bogosity signals. Anyone who takes your
"information" seriously probably deserves what he gets.

How can you, and others, be so blind to think these sites will go away.
Sites that push the limits of what the Web can do have always been here,
and always will be.

People that think like I do get not only the fully accessible site jobs,
because we know how to do that, but we also get the ones where the
client wants something else.

So if you don't want those jobs, fine, I will take them every time. If
you think they will ever go away, you are only deceiving yourself.

Oh yea, what false address?

Whitecrest

say-no-to- said:
You mean disabled people don't want to have fun like the rest of us. OK.

Well that is a strawman argument if I ever heard one. Disabled people
"wanting to have fun" and accessibility are unrelated.

Please answer the question that was asked. (If you can). How would
being 100% accessible help any of the sites I mentioned.

Didn't think so.

Disabled people can't do a lot of things. Bummer, but it is reality.
They have learned to deal with it, now you need to. Sorry your reader
doe not know how to covert a cartoon or a game into braille

But according to you, no one should be able to have fun on the web
because a disabled person can't. No one should be able to do more than
the least of us can do. Don't try to bring the bottom end up, rather
bring the top end down.

How asinine.

Jukka K. Korpela

Whitecrest said:
Disabled people can't do a lot of things.

And some people just _don't_ understand things, or pretend to be even
more foolish than they are.
Sorry
your reader doe not know how to covert a cartoon or a game into
braille

Presumably your only idea of what "disabled" means is '(absolutely)
blind'. Now this, along with your attempts to mock down accessibility,
tells very much. In reality, blind people constitute a rather small
percentage of disabled people. So you can be characterized,
symbolically, both as blind and as moron. What makes you a moron,
symbolically speaking (no insult intended to people who are really
intellectually disabled, instead of just refusing to use their
intellect reasonably), is your continued destructive attempts to get
involved in discussions about matters you don't understand, refuse to
learn about, and still have strong opinions about. Oh, and doing that
in a coward's way, not using one's real name, completes the picture.

(Besides, who told you that blind people cannot make use of images?
He was wrong, anyway.)

Matthias Gutfeldt

Whitecrest said:
Well that is a strawman argument if I ever heard one. Disabled people
"wanting to have fun" and accessibility are unrelated.

Hehehe. Seems to me you no longer know which line of argument you're
following ;-).

But according to you, no one should be able to have fun on the web
because a disabled person can't.

I never said that, you're hallucinating. Besides, disabled people have
lots of fun on the web. You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Matthias

Whitecrest

And some people just _don't_ understand things, or pretend to be even
more foolish than they are.

Ok smarty pants.... Please explain how making those sites 100%
accessible will help the company.

You can't.

Whitecrest

You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

You can't do it can you. You can not tell us how being 100% accessible
will help any of those sites.

I knew you couldn't.

Matthias Gutfeldt

Whitecrest said:
<pointless blubbering snipped>

LOL! Now you're getting REALLY desperate :).

You can't do it can you. You can not tell us how being 100% accessible
will help any of those sites.

I knew you couldn't.

ROTFL! A challenge, eh, a challenge!! From past experience we know that
logic isn't accessible to you. So I won't even try. Everybody else knows
the answer anyway.

Matthias

Jukka K. Korpela

Whitecrest said:
Please explain how making those sites 100%
accessible will help the company.

Why would I try to explain it to you, since you have apparently already
decided that disabled people are to be ignored? And if the company
wants to ask me to explain such things to them, I'm sure they can do it
directly and not using an anonymous coward as a proxy.

If you don't understand the economic impact of not spending money to
make sites less accessible and thereby excluding potential customers,
I would be very glad to have you as my competitor.

You have now made it very clear that you have nothing else to do here
than trolling. Thank you for your continued bogosity signals. But you
aren't funny any more; you're just repeating yourself. So do not be
surprised if I'll leave it to others to reveal your trolling as they
like.

Toby A Inkster

Whitecrest said:
Ok smarty pants.... Please explain how making those sites 100%
accessible will help the company.

How about the 12 year old cartoon fan born with no arms who uses a
mouth-held wand to operate the keyboard to navigate the browser.

If he can successfully navigate the Cartoon Network's website, he can find
out about the latest South Park merchandise and beg his parents to buy it
for him.

Whitecrest

say-no-to- said:
LOL! Now you're getting REALLY desperate :).
ROTFL! A challenge, eh, a challenge!! From past experience we know that
logic isn't accessible to you. So I won't even try. Everybody else knows
the answer anyway.

Told you so.

Whitecrest

I'll leave it to others to reveal your trolling as they
like.

You just can not accept the fact that there are other opinions about
what you can use the Web for. I am sorry you are that closed minded
about it.

Whitecrest

How about the 12 year old cartoon fan born with no arms who uses a
mouth-held wand to operate the keyboard to navigate the browser.
If he can successfully navigate the Cartoon Network's website, he can find
out about the latest South Park merchandise and beg his parents to buy it
for him.

He can do that now.

kchayka

Whitecrest said:
You just can not accept the fact that there are other opinions about
what you can use the Web for.

And I am sorry that you cannot accept the fact that there are a boatload
of sites out there that are *needlessly* inaccessible.
I am sorry you are that closed minded about it.

And you are blind to it. ;)

kchayka

Whitecrest said:
He can do that now.

Hmmm, the main menu is all Flash, which I can't seem to access at all
using just the keyboard. Tabbing to various links on the home page
doesn't take me anywhere close to Shopping or South Park.

So tell me how this disabled kid is supposed to get wherever he wants to
go, because I can't figure it out.

Whitecrest

usenet@c- said:
And I am sorry that you cannot accept the fact that there are a boatload
of sites out there that are *needlessly* inaccessible.
And you are blind to it. ;)

Then can you please enlighten us as to how it would benefit those sites
by being completely accessible.

Nope, didn't think so.

Whitecrest

usenet@c- said:
Hmmm, the main menu is all Flash, which I can't seem to access at all
using just the keyboard. Tabbing to various links on the home page
doesn't take me anywhere close to Shopping or South Park.

So tell me how this disabled kid is supposed to get wherever he wants to
go, because I can't figure it out.

Yea, it was a rough one. You hit the tab key.

(don't you feel dumb now?)

Whitecrest

usenet@c- said:
Hmmm, the main menu is all Flash, which I can't seem to access at all
using just the keyboard. Tabbing to various links on the home page
doesn't take me anywhere close to Shopping or South Park.
So tell me how this disabled kid is supposed to get wherever he wants to
go, because I can't figure it out.

Tabbing and pressing enter allows you to do everything

Tab to shop, press enter
Tab to by show press enter
Press shift tab to select the show off the menu
(I chose justice league)
Tab to mini set ($99.98) press enter
Tab to quantity (select 2 at this great price)
Tab to Add to cart Press enter

Starting to see a pattern here?

Completely accessible. Not surprising when you take into consideration
that Flash is 100% 508 compliant, but you probably did not know that
either did you?