    requiring and CGI resources...i use C to create my CGI on Linux ...any
    suggetions ???...(i know i shuld have done google...but i dont know wt to
    search for :-( ..)
    dumboo, Feb 26, 2004

  2. David Dorward, Feb 26, 2004

  3. dumboo wrote:

    > i was looking for some way to allow the visitiors to my webpage to be able
    > to upload their JPEG images on my server, any suggestions on what would i be
    > requiring and CGI resources...i use C to create my CGI on Linux ...any
    > suggetions ???

    I would suggest breaking away from C for this one. PHP makes file uploads
    stupidly easy, so it's the obvious choice. If you know enough about
    Apache, you can even give the PHP files names that end with ".cgi" so that
    they don't look out of place on your server.

    Sure C runs a little (well, a lot!) faster than PHP, but unless people are
    uploading hundreds of files per minute, you're unlikely to notice much of
    a slow-down.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby A Inkster, Feb 26, 2004
  4. dumboo wrote in message ...
    > i was looking for some way to allow the visitors to my webpage
    > to be able to upload their JPEG images on my server.

    We used to do that, but some of the images which were uploaded were so
    appalling in terms of pixels size, file size and quality, that we gave up
    the idea, as it made the website look awful.

    People now post the jpegs to us and we manipulate them to be web-friendly
    and consistent in their presentation.

    It takes a little longer but the end result is well worth it :~)
    Trevor George, Feb 26, 2004