html form change Input value based on drop-down selected

RCGUA

I have an HTML Form below that has a drop-down box where the user
selects "Monthly" or "Once". I would like the value of the Input for
the description to change based on whether the user choose Once or
Monthly. Can anybody help with a javascript for this?

<form name = "DonateForm" method="post" action="mailto:[email protected]">
<select>
<option name="shopping-cart.items.item-1.subscription.period"
value="ONCE" type="text">
</option>
<option name="shopping-cart.items.item-1.subscription.period"
value="MONTHLY" type="text">
</option>

<input name="shopping-cart.items.item-1.item-description"
value="Monthly Donation" type="text">
</select>
</form>