    change. Ok ?

    Thanks a lot.

    Rob
    Robert Degen, Jan 15, 2004

  2. Robert Degen

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:bu61eq$pvn$-Aachen.DE>
    Robert Degen <> said:

    > is it possible that i can create a script that is automatically executed
    > with "?original-called-html-file" as querystring parameter ?

    yes but not enough info

    > I type in my browser: "http://www.xyz.com/bla.html"
    > Script is executed on server, pulls out html and add's a timestamp of last
    > change. Ok ?

    1. you could redirect all requested URIs through the script and extract
    the file name from the URI but it would be better to link direct to the
    script with different query strings to indicate which file.
    2. script looks at file for last mod date (filemtime in php)
    3. script extracts the html you want from the file
    4. script does whatever you want with the mod time and extracted html.
    5. party

    --
    brucie - i usenet nude
    brucie, Jan 15, 2004

  3. Robert Degen

    Robert Degen Guest

    > 1. you could redirect all requested URIs through the script and extract
    > the file name from the URI but it would be better to link direct to the
    > script with different query strings to indicate which file.

    yeah, I did that on several other pages but it's not so nice I think.
    I'd like to see only the html link in the addressbar without any script
    information. hm.

    thanks
    Robert Degen, Jan 15, 2004
  4. Robert Degen

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:bu6ac2$6uv$-Aachen.DE>
    Robert Degen <> said:

    >> 1. you could redirect all requested URIs through the script and extract
    >> the file name from the URI but it would be better to link direct to the
    >> script with different query strings to indicate which file.

    > yeah, I did that on several other pages but it's not so nice I think.
    > I'd like to see only the html link in the addressbar without any script
    > information. hm.

    use path_info to pass the variables so it just looks like a normal link,
    also makes your pages SE friendly. i use the method here:

    http://balls.bruciesusenetshit.info/
    http://butterflies.bruciesusenetshit.info/

    --
    brucie - i usenet nude
    brucie, Jan 15, 2004
  5. Robert Degen

    Robert Degen Guest

    brucie wrote:
    > use path_info to pass the variables so it just looks like a normal link,
    > also makes your pages SE friendly. i use the method here:

    this is nice. Now I have only one problem :) my provider wants to have a
    post ".pl" at my perl scripts.... i don't like that. I just wrote them...
    hope they will change that.

    Thanks a lot. :)
    Robert Degen, Jan 15, 2004
  6. Robert Degen wrote:

    > this is nice. Now I have only one problem :) my provider wants to have a
    > post ".pl" at my perl scripts.... i don't like that. I just wrote them...
    > hope they will change that.

    Do you have permission to use .htaccess files? If so, you can change this
    yourself.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby A Inkster, Jan 15, 2004
  7. Robert Degen

    Robert Degen Guest

    Toby A Inkster wrote:

    > Robert Degen wrote:
    >
    >> this is nice. Now I have only one problem :) my provider wants to have a
    >> post ".pl" at my perl scripts.... i don't like that. I just wrote them...
    >> hope they will change that.

    > Do you have permission to use .htaccess files? If so, you can change this
    > yourself.

    How ?
    Robert Degen, Jan 15, 2004
  8. Robert Degen wrote:

    > Toby A Inkster wrote:
    >
    >> Robert Degen wrote:
    >>
    >>> this is nice. Now I have only one problem :) my provider wants to have a
    >>> post ".pl" at my perl scripts.... i don't like that. I just wrote them...
    >>> hope they will change that.

    >> Do you have permission to use .htaccess files? If so, you can change this
    >> yourself.
    >>

    > How ?

    Create a file called ".htaccess" (note the leading stop) and put in it:

    Options +ExecCGI
    SetHandler cgi-script

    And upload that file into some sub-directory on your webserver. This
    ..htaccess file will define a new behaviour for that directory (and any
    subdirectories).

    Specifically, it says that *any* file in that directory is a CGI file, no
    matter what the name is.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby A Inkster, Jan 16, 2004