HTML Help for local files please?

DC

-=PrOzAk=- said:
I want to make my own start page so that I can quickly access files and
programs on my computer. The problem is that I can't find the HTML coding to
do this. I want to be able to click various images, one to open up a text
file in notepad so it can be edited and saved, one to open my playlist of
music and another to open a folder such as my documents so I can see the
contents. Can anybody help me as to if there is a way of doing it??

Uh, isn't that what your *desktop* does now?

-=PrOzAk=-

--
Ever heard of Neopets? Create your own pet online and more, check it out.
http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=temporarypro

---------------signature---------------
SPAMTRAP
Hey If you want to e-mail me back you have to remove Your-Wallet
-----------------------

lime

I want to make my own start page so that I can quickly access files and
programs on my computer. The problem is that I can't find the HTML coding to
do this. I want to be able to click various images, one to open up a text
file in notepad so it can be edited and saved, one to open my playlist of
music and another to open a folder such as my documents so I can see the
contents. Can anybody help me as to if there is a way of doing it??

Desktop > Shortcuts....

-=PrOzAk=-

Well, thanks I guess. I just wanted my own little project and a better start
page, guess I'll have to give it a miss.

--
Ever heard of Neopets? Create your own pet online and more, check it out.
http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=temporarypro

---------------signature---------------
SPAMTRAP
Hey If you want to e-mail me back you have to remove Your-Wallet
-----------------------

Dave Patton

I want to make my own start page so that I can quickly access files
and programs on my computer.

Seems like a waste of time, given all the existing products
that will do that already.
The problem is that I can't find the HTML coding to do this.

If you want to "click" on a link on your 'start page', then
the link has to point to the local resource you want, rather
than to a resource on the internet. Read up on "file URLs":
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/fileurl.html

P.S.
Your signature delimiter is broken - it is supposed
to be two dashes followed by a space(which you are missing).