    How to get the image to fit inside the columns without the columns adjusting
    itself, I want the columns to be fixed/locked and the image to fit inside.

    Many Thanks
    Avari, Dec 14, 2006

  2. Avari

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Avari wrote:

    > How to get the image to fit inside the columns without the columns adjusting
    > itself, I want the columns to be fixed/locked and the image to fit inside.

    Resize the image in your favourite image editor. Make it the width that
    you expect the column to be.

    --
    Dylan Parry

    Programming, n: A pastime similar to banging one's head
    against a wall, but with fewer opportunities for reward.
    Dylan Parry, Dec 14, 2006

  3. Avari

    Avari Guest

    Can you recommend any products that you have used and approve.

    Preferable free

    Many Thanks

    Avari, Dec 14, 2006
  4. Avari

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Avari wrote:

    > Can you recommend any products that you have used and approve.

    I personally only use Adobe Photoshop for (raster) graphics work, but it
    has a heft price tag!

    > Preferable free

    For simple things, like what you want to achieve, try the Gimp
    http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/ - it's free, so won't break the bank.

    Dylan Parry, Dec 14, 2006
  5. Avari wrote:
    > Can you recommend any products that you have used and approve.
    >
    > Preferable free

    IrfanView, freeware ans handles just about *any* media file , batch
    processing and more...a "Swiss Army Knife" media utility

    http://www.irfanview.com/

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Dec 14, 2006
  6. Avari wrote:
    > Can you recommend any products that you have used and approve.
    >
    > Preferable free
    >
    > Many Thanks
    >
    > "Dylan Parry" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Avari wrote:
    >>

    >>>How to get the image to fit inside the columns without the columns
    >>>adjusting
    >>>itself, I want the columns to be fixed/locked and the image to fit
    >>>inside.

    >>Resize the image in your favourite image editor. Make it the width that
    >>you expect the column to be.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Dylan Parry
    >>http://electricfreedom.org | http://webpageworkshop.co.uk
    >>
    >>Programming, n: A pastime similar to banging one's head
    >>against a wall, but with fewer opportunities for reward.

    Gimp (http://www.gimp.org) is available today for windows as well.
    Haven't tested, but in Linux it works fine.

    Olli
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Olli_M=E4ntyranta?=, Dec 14, 2006
  7. Avari

    Andy Dingley Guest

    Avari wrote:
    > Can you recommend any products that you have used and approve.
    >
    > Preferable free

    IrfanView

    There's also a neat Micro$oft freebie that hooks into the right-mouse
    of Wondows Explorer and re-sizes batches of files to a few standard
    sizes very quickly and easily. It's not the most flexible, but it's
    slick to use.
    Andy Dingley, Dec 14, 2006
  8. Avari

    Avari Guest

    Just found http://www.pixer.us/ - Might be useful to you

    Avari, Dec 14, 2006
  9. Avari

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Avari wrote:

    > Just found http://www.pixer.us/ - Might be useful to you

    That seems like a nice tool for those occasions when you need to edit an
    image but don't have access to your regular software and can't install
    an alternative.

    Dylan Parry, Dec 14, 2006
  10. Olli Mäntyranta wrote:
    > Avari wrote:
    >> Can you recommend any products that you have used and approve.
    >>
    >> Preferable free
    >>
    >> Many Thanks
    >>
    >> "Dylan Parry" <> wrote in message

    >>>Resize the image in your favourite image editor. Make it the width that
    >>>you expect the column to be.
    >>>
    >>>--
    >>>Dylan Parry
    >>>http://electricfreedom.org | http://webpageworkshop.co.uk
    >>>
    >>>Programming, n: A pastime similar to banging one's head
    >>>against a wall, but with fewer opportunities for reward.

    > Gimp (http://www.gimp.org) is available today for windows as well.
    > Haven't tested, but in Linux it works fine.

    Seems fine. I've used it for a few years under Linux; a couple days ago
    I installed it on a Win laptop.

    You have to install a toolkit, but that's explained at the GIMP site,
    and it's an easy install.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups