    What can I do?

    Thanks for your help.

    Marcel
    M. Lesaar, Apr 18, 2005

  2. M. Lesaar

    M. Lesaar Guest

    Hello,

    thanks for your help.

    Bye.

    Marcel

    M. Lesaar, Apr 19, 2005

  3. M. Lesaar

    Jeff Bowman Guest

    Jeff Bowman, Apr 19, 2005
  4. M. Lesaar

    Pete Lees Guest

    Marcel,

    > I have a html help file (description of the tool: This Windows Help file
    > (chm) has been generated using HTML Helpy, the smart HTML Help Authoring
    > Tool.)
    >
    > How can I get all the documents of that file into a word document?

    There are some inexpensive utilities available for converting .chm
    files to other formats. For example, you could try the ABC Amber CHM
    Converter, available from here:

    http://www.thebeatlesforever.com/processtext/abcchm.html

    Failing that, here is a procedure for concatenating multiple help
    topics into a single HTML file, which you can then open in Word or
    other programs:

    1) Right-click a "book" heading in the Contents pane of the help
    viewer, and then select Print from the context menu.

    2) Choose the option to print the selected heading and all subtopics,
    and then click OK.

    3) When the Print dialog box appears, switch to Windows Explorer and
    make sure that the option to show hidden files and folders is selected
    (Tools > Folder Options > View tab). Don't click Print or Cancel in
    the Print dialog box just yet, as this will cause Windows to delete
    the file mentioned in step 5 below.

    4) Navigate to your Temp directory (\Documents and
    Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Temp).

    5) Find the file whose name has the pattern "~hh*.htm" (for example,
    "~hh5F02.htm"). This is a concatenation of all the topics that you
    have chosen to print. The exact name of the file changes with each
    print job that you do.

    6) Open the file in Word or your preferred editor.

    7) Repeat steps 1) to 6) for the other heading/subtopics that you want
    to print.

    --
    Pete (Microsoft Help MVP)
    Pete Lees, Apr 19, 2005
  5. M. Lesaar

    river shan Guest

    M. Lesaar wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a html help file (description of the tool: This Windows Help

    file
    > (chm) has been generated using
    > HTML Helpy, the smart HTML Help Authoring Tool.)
    >
    > How can I get all the documents of that file into a word document?
    >
    > I do not know how to select all the documents and for example print

    them
    > into a file (.doc).
    >
    > What can I do?
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Marcel

    Have a lood at

    http://www.chm2word.com

    I think it is realy a easy solution to you.
    river shan, Apr 20, 2005
  6. M. Lesaar

    Jeff Bowman Guest

    Pete Lees wrote:

    > Failing that, here is a procedure for concatenating multiple help
    > topics into a single HTML file, which you can then open in Word or
    > other programs:

    Nice tip!
    Jeff Bowman, Apr 20, 2005
  7. M. Lesaar wrote:

    [see subject header]

    Does that sound to anyone besides me like the place MS Office's Clippy
    lives? :)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, Apr 21, 2005
  8. M. Lesaar

    Jeff Bowman Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Does that sound to anyone besides me like the place MS Office's Clippy
    > lives? :)

    Yep, me <g>
    Jeff Bowman, Apr 22, 2005
  9. Jeff Bowman wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> Does that sound to anyone besides me like the place MS Office's Clippy
    >> lives? :)

    > Yep, me <g>

    Thanky. :)

    --