html helpy file

M. Lesaar

Hello,

I have a html help file (description of the tool: This Windows Help file
(chm) has been generated using
HTML Helpy, the smart HTML Help Authoring Tool.)

How can I get all the documents of that file into a word document?

I do not know how to select all the documents and for example print them
into a file (.doc).

What can I do?

Thanks for your help.

Marcel

Pete Lees

Marcel,
I have a html help file (description of the tool: This Windows Help file
(chm) has been generated using HTML Helpy, the smart HTML Help Authoring
Tool.)

How can I get all the documents of that file into a word document?

There are some inexpensive utilities available for converting .chm
files to other formats. For example, you could try the ABC Amber CHM
Converter, available from here:

http://www.thebeatlesforever.com/processtext/abcchm.html

Failing that, here is a procedure for concatenating multiple help
topics into a single HTML file, which you can then open in Word or
other programs:

1) Right-click a "book" heading in the Contents pane of the help
viewer, and then select Print from the context menu.

2) Choose the option to print the selected heading and all subtopics,
and then click OK.

3) When the Print dialog box appears, switch to Windows Explorer and
make sure that the option to show hidden files and folders is selected
(Tools > Folder Options > View tab). Don't click Print or Cancel in
the Print dialog box just yet, as this will cause Windows to delete
the file mentioned in step 5 below.

4) Navigate to your Temp directory (\Documents and
Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Temp).

5) Find the file whose name has the pattern "~hh*.htm" (for example,
"~hh5F02.htm"). This is a concatenation of all the topics that you
have chosen to print. The exact name of the file changes with each
print job that you do.

6) Open the file in Word or your preferred editor.

7) Repeat steps 1) to 6) for the other heading/subtopics that you want
to print.

river shan

M. Lesaar said:
Hello,

I have a html help file (description of the tool: This Windows Help file
(chm) has been generated using
HTML Helpy, the smart HTML Help Authoring Tool.)

How can I get all the documents of that file into a word document?

I do not know how to select all the documents and for example print them
into a file (.doc).

What can I do?

Thanks for your help.

Marcel

Have a lood at

http://www.chm2word.com

I think it is realy a easy solution to you.

Jeff Bowman

Pete said:
Failing that, here is a procedure for concatenating multiple help
topics into a single HTML file, which you can then open in Word or
other programs:

Nice tip!

Blinky the Shark

M. Lesaar wrote:

[see subject header]

Does that sound to anyone besides me like the place MS Office's Clippy
lives? :)